Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how is the windshield washer pump mounted

how is the windshield washer pump mounted

I've searched for threads, looked at the factory service manual and so far found nothing on how to mount the washer pump.
    I could use some help and or pictures. The car is a 67. I have the thin early square tank.
    Thanks, Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 04-03-2020 at 04:15 PM.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...+washer+bottle

See post #3 from Gled, shows the mounting of the pump
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Early pump isn’t mounted with zip ties, and battery is removed. G
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Maybe I'm not seeing something in the photo provided by gled49 above, but what IS it mounted with -- I see nothing. The parts book shows a screw to mount it for the early cars, but I got busted at the Carmel Concours because I had the screw system instead of the zip ties.

My question also. Are there supposed to be 3 rubber feet to insulate the bump from the mount, and what holds it in place? As you can see in the picture there are no holes in mine.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    It is mounted with ties, just not at the time of the pix.

Ty-raps

Quote Originally Posted by gled49 View Post
    It is mounted with ties, just not at the time of the pix.
    Indeed. With 2 ty-raps over the cylinder as far as I know. The same ones as used under the dashboard, in the tunnel and on the orange heating tubes; the Thomas and Betts nylon/natural if I am not mistaken (ty525mr).

I thought that the electric wires needed to be facing the rear of the car. Then the water tubing is also closer to the bottle. Not?

Quote Originally Posted by TailHappyTorquelessWonder View Post
    I thought that the electric wires needed to be facing the rear of the car. Then the water tubing is also closer to the bottle. Not?
    exactly ...thomas and betts https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...439#post828439
    and i also would say tubing facing forward

Then I guess photo #3 above shows 2 ways in which it should NOT be mounted when the picture was taken. What about the mounting screws (2) shown for years up through 1969 in the 69 edition of the parts manual, illustrations 904-15, 904-20, and 904-25? These are the ones I mentioned above and got dinged for. Also, the rubber feet Chris Pomares mentions are no where to be found, and I can't imagine how they would be installed, yet we do see these advertised as pump mount components. So, what is the consensus of opinion: Follow the parts manual and use screws, or follow what has apparently become a tradition and use wire ties?