Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Kardex for Porsche 911 from 1971

Dave, can you contact me at- kkirvida@aol.com. Thanks!

davep, I have not received an email yet?

Just sent one via ESReg
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Apologise for jumping in on this post but I’m also keen to obtain the Kardex or any available information regarding a 1971 911. Please could you also email me regarding how I can obtain this info. My email address is edbartlett@hotmail.com

Many thanks

For the records, Kardex infos continued to be done by the factory but was then transfered to microfiche, later translated to another media. I personnally saw the big file holder at the Porsche Archive, still the only source for CoA.
    Agree, after 1971 the paper Kardex is hard to get, basically unavailable as a paper copy.
    Registry member No.773

Just to chime in here, Porsche does offer the CTC, which is like a bad PPI and an old COA combined into one package for $500 (I think, I didn't pay for mine). PCA also does the production specification certificate, which tells you what options your car came with, but provides no numbers. If anyone wants a sample as to what a CTC looks like, feel free to PM me. I also had Dave do a search on my car and he was able to get more information than the CTC (though the CTC will give you the engine and transmission numbers in addition to telling you that your engine compartment light isn't working, for $500).
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Just to chime in here, Porsche does offer the CTC, which is like a bad PPI and an old COA combined into one package for $500 (I think, I didn't pay for mine). PCA also does the production specification certificate, which tells you what options your car came with, but provides no numbers. If anyone wants a sample as to what a CTC looks like, feel free to PM me. I also had Dave do a search on my car and he was able to get more information than the CTC (though the CTC will give you the engine and transmission numbers in addition to telling you that your engine compartment light isn't working, for $500).
    The problem with the CTC is there aren't that many dealers who are doing them yet, I think the closest one to me is 2-3 hours away in New Jersey. And what do you do with a project car you want to see if it's matching, haul it in there? I can just see me pulling up, oh the horror!

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Edb13 View Post
    Apologise for jumping in on this post but I’m also keen to obtain the Kardex or any available information regarding a 1971 911. Please could you also email me regarding how I can obtain this info. My email address is edbartlett@hotmail.com

Many thanks
    Email sent.

I am certain that Kardex continued for many years past 1969, but they were not transferred to image files on a DVD. I think that was because they were already using a computer system that retained the production information. The data I can get to produce a Pseudo-CoA type document seem to come from a computer printout. For certain year the transmission info seems to have not been recorded. Much of the non-serial info is in the form of codes. Many of the codes are known to me, but group option codes, are very hard to break down to individual options. Custom paint & options are very difficult to find actual descriptions.

What info. can I expect to get that I don't have with my COA?
    1976 Carrera 2.7 MFI
    Ferrari 308
    '66 Hertz Shelby 350H
    '68 Shelby 500KR
    '68 Dodge Charger
    TR 6
    450 SL
    MC40
    G35

I can confirm production #, if original engine or transmission are not known, then that is no problem, model type code, country equipment code, distributor code, both code & description for interior and options. For certain years the trans # was not recorded, so will not be available, custom paint & interiors may not have details ( that is the 999 & 99 codes), group option codes may not be able to be broken down.
    Dealers are generally unknown since the data just contains the regional distributor; the CoA & Kardex do not contain completion dates, nor do they show dealers. They may say they do, but in reality they are misusing the data they have. On the other hand, if you have a compliance decal on the door post, then I accept that date as being the most likely date for completion. Also, if you have a bill of sale or a window sticker or a Maintenance record book with additional information, then I can add that into my Report. I am flexible but require good documentation.