Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver Metallic 1973 911S Re-paint

Great work, thread subscribed!
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Nick, the car is beautiful, can’t wait to see it when completed.

+++1 on the quality of work that Scott and his team provide. I have done two projects with Scott, and both have been done on time, near budget, and exceeded expectations both in terms of quality of his work and creativity/guidance on all the issues you inevitably uncover and decisions that have to be made. Scott has a real passion for perfection, and I think has probably the best combination of knowledge of originality and hot-rod vision and skills in the early 911 world today. Before I started working with him, I had done two 911 projects with “known” builders, neither of which was a good experience. In addition to his finished project, what sets Scott apart is his constant communication and judgement when issues arise.

I don’t want to sidetrack Nick’s thread, but have to provide a couple of pictures of Scott’s work on my ‘71 T, similar to what he is doing for Nick on this car.

And soon I’ll be on to project #3 with Scott.
    Name:  1C8F53A4-FB61-4D6F-AD64-B45E4ED1D9C6.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  106.2 KBName:  AFDBEB68-D68F-4E41-B978-0B2501306B01.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  130.7 KBName:  7A14E127-2C7B-4095-AE6A-45DE7D65E308.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  179.8 KB
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

WOW!!! Great stuff. Subscribed....
    1993 964 C2 GPW
    1973 BMW 2002 Verona (Daily)
    1974 914 2.0 Project A/X (in progress)
    1972 911T 2.4 Webers - SOLD
    89 BMW M3 Lachs - my former DD - SOLD
    https://youtu.be/QrF6VEVh1NQ

Quote Originally Posted by RTincher View Post
    Nick, the car is beautiful, can’t wait to see it when completed.

+++1 on the quality of work that Scott and his team provide. I have done two projects with Scott, and both have been done on time, near budget, and exceeded expectations both in terms of quality of his work and creativity/guidance on all the issues you inevitably uncover and decisions that have to be made. Scott has a real passion for perfection, and I think has probably the best combination of knowledge of originality and hot-rod vision and skills in the early 911 world today. Before I started working with him, I had done two 911 projects with “known” builders, neither of which was a good experience. In addition to his finished project, what sets Scott apart is his constant communication and judgement when issues arise.

I don’t want to sidetrack Nick’s thread, but have to provide a couple of pictures of Scott’s work on my ‘71 T, similar to what he is doing for Nick on this car.

And soon I’ll be on to project #3 with Scott.
    Bob- You summed it up perfectly with respect to Scott., well said. I met Scott when he was still living in San Diego county and we became friends long before he started his restoration business in Oregon. His obsession for accuracy and detail is what sets him apart. You and I are tied; this is car #2 for me through Scott's shop. I saw plenty of pics along the way of both your cars, they are stunning and I'm glad you posted the pics of the Metallic Gold 71T.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Thanks Nick. I’ve envied your ST build since Scott shared pictures and details. Hope to cross paths when I’m out there this fall.

Best, Bob
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

Last night I received an update with some new photos from Scott last. Reassembly is well underway so it won't be long now.....

You can see that we are using the original deck lid letters and grill that are original to the car. The 911S badge and PORSCHE letters have faded to that lovely purple/gray and while the grill has faded, its not nearly as light as the letters. I've debated about whether I should install a restored set of letter or not. Flame if you want.

On one hand, it seems entirely appropriate to use the patina'd original items, but the contrast of fresh black letters on new silver paint would also look fantastic. For sure, the original items help retain the character of the car as it was prior to the repaint so it will undeniably still be "my" car when I see it. I think that's important. I have sourced an NOS 911S emblem and am on the hunt for NOS (or super excellent) PORSCHE letters but so far, no luck. For now, I'll stay with the OG items but like changing your watch to suit your mood I'd like to also have a choice. There's also a good chance that those items will sit in a box unused only to reemerge in the "for sale" section in 5 years, who knows? If nothing else, it keeps me checking the forums.

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by NickP; 04-30-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

I like it. Makes me wonder what happened to the original letters that were in my car prior to restoration.
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    1972 2.4T Targa Aubergine (MFI) [For sale]
    2002 996 TT Midnight Blue
    Member #3833

I'm jealous...SO impressive.....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    On one hand, it seems entirely appropriate to use the patina'd original items, but the contrast of fresh black letters on new silver paint would also look fantastic. For sure, the original items help retain the character of the car as it was prior to the repaint so it will undeniably still be "my" car when I see it. I think that's important.

Nick
    No flames here, I love the fresh paint with patinated OG jewelry! I'm sort of doing the same thing with my '67: wonderfully aged full leather interior, just wish we could have saved the carpet and headliner.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    No flames here, I love the fresh paint with patinated OG jewelry! I'm sort of doing the same thing with my '67: wonderfully aged full leather interior, just wish we could have saved the carpet and headliner.
    I'm with ya' Russ. I have no doubt that I'll love it once I see it "in the metal."
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST