Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pricing assistance on my 1973.5 Porsche 911t

Pricing assistance on my 1973.5 Porsche 911t

Hi there,

I am looking to sell my 1973.5 911t car (I am 3rd owner).

The car drives very well and have enjoyed for 6+ years (bought in 2014) but I am ready to bring in new car and thus this one has to go or cannot get a new one ...

I would rate this car as a very good driver (means runs great and super fun to drive) and will post pictures later this week.

The car was repainted at some point and paint is in fair shape and painted in gray/silver color.

The car is straight and perfectly aligns but at some point it was hit back in the front in the 80's. It was fixed and done ok. Meaning the gaps are not perfect and will display through pictures.

I have the COA : and original paint = Light Ivory/11 and matching engine and transmission.

But I have a couple of questions for the group. Do i sell the pieces separate or leave on the car:

The car came with originally and upgraded certain pieces :

Do I leave and sell with car or sell separate?

1. Original but upgraded by owner1 or 2 : Original Recaro Sport Seats SINGLE LOCK (TAN color, 1969-1972 seats).
    2. Came with aftermarket set of Fuchs. I replaced and bought original Fuchs and refinished by All Reed polishing. Anodized finished.
    3. Came with original scoop front lights. Upgraded to original H1 light with raised BOSH letters.
    4. Upgraded the Porsche badge to reflect original 1973 orange badge (nice one).
    5. Have tan doorcards and door pockets (they were in poor condition). Took off and put rally door cards... Have all parts and will include!

Thanks much for your input!!!

-Tom
    Last edited by gatech94; 04-14-2020 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Made certain pieces BOLD

Hi Tom,

it'll depend on what you want to achieve - quick sale or maximum return... I'd say you'll be better off financially to sell the upgraded parts 1-4 separately, as long as your car will still be complete when you put it up for sale, assuming:
    1. we're talking about original, correct sport seats for your 73.5 - not just some "period correct" Recaros
    2. the Al Reed original Fuchs are in good-to-great condition, put the aftermarket Fuchs back on the car
    3. no big deal, I'd throw the sugar scoops back on and sell the H1's
    4. unsure about badge, will depend on condition
    5. door cards... unsure. would probably leave as-is and include originals in sale

GLWS!
    Currently in between Porsches. Sold my 73.5T Targa, now suffering from serious withdrawal symptoms. Attending Rennsport Reunion VI didn't really help getting over it.

Past: '73.5T Targa, '12 991S Cab, '07 987

I would leave the "correct" Fuchs on... it's a real downer to see an otherwise nice early 911 on the wrong wheels. At a minimum the buyer will subtract the cost of finding a matching set of Fuchs wheels. To me it would feel like the seller didn't care about the wheels, so he probably didn't care about many other things either.
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    1972 2.4T Targa Aubergine (MFI) [For sale]
    2002 996 TT Midnight Blue
    Member #3833

I might been interested in the tan sports seat, if the grain is 72/73. And I have the correct 72/73 tan comfort seats for a partial trade.

Thanks very much for your replies!!! I will add some pictures of the car and parts i mentioned earlier and would love to get more feedback! As mentioned the car drives amazing and was planning on restoring to original color but just could not find the right shop to complete the job. But as of late two years I just do not drive the car enough and does not warrant keeping the car and want to get a more modern porsche '89 or later (G tranny, 964, 993, or 997 manual). Again thanks so much for your feedback.

Sent you quick email...

Hi Tom,

Can you drop me a PM? I can’t PM you since you need a certain number of posts before others can pm you. Thx!
    Currently in between Porsches. Sold my 73.5T Targa, now suffering from serious withdrawal symptoms. Attending Rennsport Reunion VI didn't really help getting over it.

Porsche 1973.5 911t for sale... and trying to figure out price

Hi there and thank you for the feedback.

I am in the market to sell my car that I have owned since 2015. I actually posted a post but can no longer find it. Not sure what happened to the post?

The car has been great but I really have not used like I thought I would and now ready to bring in a new car in the stable so this one has to go...

The car drives really well and is a blast to drive but it is not perfect... Meaning the original color of the car is supposed to be Ivory White and the previous owner in the 80's repainted the car.

The paint is in fair shape but the car should be brought back to its original color and I wanted to do that so badly but never found the right person to complete the job.

The good:

1. Great driver and drives super straight! The engine and suspension are superb and it is blast to driver.
    2. Original floorboard and as i can see it. I do not see any RUST on the car.
    3. Check out how the car is outfitted and the seats. These are not the original seats that came with car in 1973.5 but someone installed these before I bought the car and these are special and rare and in great original shape!!!
    4. 1969-1972 - Recaro Seats and i believe in its original upholstery. They are pretty cool and in fact trying to figure out if I should sell these separate from the car as I know these are pretty rare and valuable.
    5. The car came with aftermarker Fuch and I sourced "REAL" fuch and had them refinished by Al Reed in California. There is 1 minor, minor, minor black chip in one of wheels. Just happened when I was washing the car.
    6. Sourced original badge
    7. Sourced original H1 headlights with raised BOSH lettering.
    8. Dashboard is super solid and has minor crack (less then 1/2") and can share picture

The bad:

1. The paint is not original color and the current paint is OK.
    2. The car is straight but there are issues with the gaps by the hood and driver door. But that is how it came to me...
    3. that's it...

Thanks for your feedback as I am trying to figure WHERE to list the car and a fair VALUE for the car...

I can share any pics with and I welcome a PPI if desired...

-Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Hi Tom,

Strange that your original post disappeared. Thanks for adding pictures of your car, looks like a solid driver.
    Shoot me a PM, I’d like to discuss further.

Best, Kai

Can you post pictures of the “gaps with issues”?

Also, how much are you asking?

Thank you
    1957 356A Cab Condor Yellow
    1970 911E Targa “CONDA G”
    1970 911T3.2 “Meatballs”
    1972 911T2.5 “AWBRGN”
    1972 911T Targa Glaserblau
    1976 911S Talbot Yellow