Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Porsche OEM 911 912 Hella Fog Lights w/ Brackets and Grilles

FS: Porsche OEM 911 912 Hella Fog Lights w/ Brackets and Grilles

s-l1600.jpgs-l16004.jpg

Here we have the *ULTRA RARE* Porsche
    fog light set up for 911 912
    This was an option that was available from 1969-1973

$1500.00
    Last edited by Rick's Euro; 04-17-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Are these Hella 118's? I believe these are 115's.
    Last edited by enoz05; 04-17-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick's Euro View Post
    This was an option that was available from 1965-1973
    True. But those are LWB grills that won't fit '65-68 cars, and '73 cars had black plastic grills. So fit '69-73, and only correct for '69-72.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

I don’t know about earlier cars but in model year 73 if the through grill lights were ordered they had silver grilles with the TTG opening until the inventory of these ran out at which point the black plastic grilles were used ( think once this supercession happened some bars were cut out of the 73 to facilitate). Others are more expert than me.

I appreciate the heads up. I'll try and do more research prior to future posts.

In model year 73 in some markets for instance the UK option 434 above the bumper fog lights were IODINE in yellow. The listed options driving and fog versions in British market that year were IODINE. For model year 1972 in UK they were also “amber quartz iodine” fog lamps.

In model year 1969 option 9333 pair of amber quartz iodine fog lamps in Britain.

For authenticity if important as implied by Eric tungsten vs Quartz iodine might be an important distinction — geographical local regulations for bulbs and other factors are in play.

Intriguingly in 66 original genuine price list combination of one fog and one spot (driving) was possible before regulations prohibited that .. but I digress given the FS package is clearly after that date based on the grills.

Source original importer genuine original MY 66 69 72 and 73 price lists for C16 British market

I don’t tend to follow auxiliary lamps; hope this input frim period references helps. Good luck with sale

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 04-17-2020 at 12:43 PM.

The one case with the interior picture is FACTORY US market TN4. I assume they both match. The lenses have been replaced with TN1/TN2 lenses because for quite awhile, the original TN4 lenses were NLA. Based on the factory case, I assume they have the correct TN4 reflector/shield which "yes, Virginia is tungsten". OF course those could have been replaced along with the lenses with the 115 reflector which will fit but, has a full bulb shield. Slightly different than the TN4 bulb shield. Would need full disassemble and pics to know for sure. Those are factory swivels as well.

So, these were only US market cars. ROW got Halogen 118s

Price is ummmm, very optimistic.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Intriguingly in 66 original genuine price list combination of one fog and one spot (driving) was possible before regulations prohibited that .. but I digress given the FS package is clearly after that date based on the grills.

Steve
    Steve, can you post this reference?? Would love to see it as TTG lights around 67 were still showing the larger Hella 142s in press photos.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Hi Michael

Option 9121 in British importers accessories price list dated 66. These are quite rare and simple typed or mimeographed sheets reflecting the size of the British porsche RHD market — no detail about fitment above or below bumper nor brand type of lamp :

5D5C99AF-015B-4C9B-B789-7DF083479C6C.jpg

I recall there was legislation prohibiting single auxiliary lamp and unmatched auxiliary pair but don’t recall where I saw it. Long range( driving) and fog lamp was once popular and probably quite sensible combo for the British roads of that era. No doubt google would find something about that old regulation.

I have lots of old stuff I’ve accumulated over the years but not sure why I keep it all as my interest is centred on MY 73.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 04-17-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Hi Michael

Option 9121 in British importers accessories price list dated 66. These are quite rare and simple typed or mimeographed sheets reflecting the size of the British porsche RHD market — no detail about fitment above or below bumper nor brand type of lamp :

5D5C99AF-015B-4C9B-B789-7DF083479C6C.jpg

I recall there was legislation prohibiting single auxiliary lamp and unmatched auxiliary pair but don’t recall where I saw it. Long range( driving) and fog lamp was once popular and probably quite sensible combo for the British roads of that era. No doubt google would find something about that old regulation.

I have lots of old stuff I’ve accumulated over the years but not sure why I keep it all as my interest is centred on MY 73.

Steve
    Dated 66 and has a code for five aluminum wheels exchange? Early 4.5 Fuchs? Interesting.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586