Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1966 Earl’s Court motor show

1966 Earl’s Court motor show

That was really fantastic.

517F15D0-8975-4784-A3C4-98C166F844A3.jpg

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

....continuing the spirit of 1966 ... this little competition was published by Bosch around Christmas 1966. For those who want to give it a go to relieve lockdown boredom I have omitted the answers (until later).

It appeared in a British motoring weekly and Bosch is German so bear that in mind in the type of cars they used for that audience. Not directly related to the old film but it might help identification in a few cases.

One for the older folks or those who as youngsters had a Corgi / Dinky collection in the mid sixties .....or Even younger folk who inherited their dad’s toy car collection and the Observers Book of Automobiles — 1966 edition (with forward by the late Stirling Moss.)

B3F5FE4F-F8F0-4F9C-9C4D-81C2EC329B5A.jpg

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 04-18-2020 at 12:48 AM.

That s a very nice find, Steve...
    2 screw horngrill and wipers placed correctly for RHD...
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Thanks for posting, fun old cars that I barely remember and that announcer! He was great.

Here is the 1973 version.

https://youtu.be/8BFrE4GiSZU

If anyone has any info on Porsche and/or AFN representation at the 1965 London Motor Show I would love to hear! Many thanks, Robert

Love the groovy turntables and the cut-a-way cars on display. Thanks for posting
    Alex in Virginia

Looking for:
    ward to driving my car!

Early 911S Registry # 2863

Quote Originally Posted by bdladd View Post
    Thanks for posting, fun old cars that I barely remember and that announcer! He was great.

Here is the 1973 version.

https://youtu.be/8BFrE4GiSZU
    The British motor show typically held in Earls Court was around October during that era so 73 event would’ve been the 74 model year Porsche.

The 72 motorshow was the last in the long hood era with model year 73 cars such as first RHD 911 targa and the new RS that had been launched only a week or two earlier in Paris. Unfortunately not much Porsche content in the short film from autumn 72 covering many marques and models.

https://youtu.be/K1gYgynA290

I thought I’d posted various year’s similar motorshow short films before, but maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by one-two View Post
    If anyone has any info on Porsche and/or AFN representation at the 1965 London Motor Show I would love to hear! Many thanks, Robert
    Not British Earls Court Show but a brief appearance of 901 around 1min mark in Belgian show of 1964 In a British parthe news film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU_lw14m2Bc

The Porsche Cars Great Britain show stand at the Earls Court British motorshow late in calendar 1969 ( usually around October) with examples from the model year 1970 range plus a 917.
    0F662F4C-F460-40BA-9CEB-C21E8AAD7983.jpg
    Acknowledgement to photographer trade name Van Hallen who were photographers that took many shots for the sole concessionaires. Friend of the owners he had a Studio near the importers Isleworth West London premises around that time. Looks like a decent turnout at the event ans a good crowd around their stand.

Also this movie

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YUlIHywkJKI

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 10-22-2021 at 05:47 AM.