Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Out for a drive today...

Hey Russ, these Coddington Fudge wheels weigh 15# each & you may pick any finish but most order the polished aluminum, I went for painted Cerakote.

My turn today. My wife and I decided to get out of town and go for a short hike in the Cascade foothills. And it was a good time to take the 72T for a first post-refresh trip out of the immediate area. Great weather, and the trail was very low traffic.

The car is great. No issues at all. Drives and looks "right". Vast difference from last year in its desert-faded Earl Schieb/Maaco red and crispy-fried interior.

You'll have to excuse me now, I have some bug guts to clean up...

Name:  IMG_2310.jpg
Views: 1498
Size:  173.9 KB
    Last edited by Arne; 06-05-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Due to Covid... wife needed out... couldn’t agree more 😎
    Off to Sonoma. Nice weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    911S registry #1103
    R-Gruppe #513
    1967 912 converted to 2.2
    Period Dune Buggy

Some drive Porsches' to be seen.....
    I prefer it when nobodys looking.

Linda and I took a spirited drive in our 356C yesterday. Drove to West Marin via Lucas Valley Rd. Bought 4 dozen oysters at Hog Island Oyster Co in Marshall, had a picnic on the shore of Tomales Bay near Inverness and returned to the East Bay via Sir Francis Drake Blvd. Beautiful day cruising across the Richmond/San Rafael Bridge, through rolling hills, Redwood Forrest Groves, along the water and some super twisties. Finished up at home with a feast of raw and BBQd oysters and a bottle of Two Wolves Rose' of Grenache. We are just trying to get by during this pandemic.

Jim

Been on a driver training last friday - engine was broken in so I got to use it. The drive to the training over small roads in Black Forest , france (Alsace, Bas Rhin), Saarland, Paltinate was very nice.

Jim,

Living the dream... sounds like one helluva day out.

Dave
    911S registry #1103
    R-Gruppe #513
    1967 912 converted to 2.2
    Period Dune Buggy

Some drive Porsches' to be seen.....
    I prefer it when nobodys looking.

Had some mean twinplugged hotrod in my rearview mirror today
    Name:  IMG_5633_1280x960.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  77.0 KB

Nice to see an original 246 "chairs and flares" RHD whilst out today.

Name:  IMG_5241.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5242.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  61.8 KB

sorry about the crap photos
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by JBQuick View Post
    Hey guys, here's my 1960 T5 coupe in light Ivory & Black, photo taken over the weekend after a drive.
    It's a wonderful car, especially the colors. These are beautiful pictures, it looks like a nice tour!

Quote Originally Posted by JBQuick View Post
    Thanks Stephen, Dave & Terry, here's a photo of the interior as requested.
    The interior is as beautiful as the outside. I would like to drive a car like this one day. Are you driving this car daily or just for special events or tours?