Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Out for a drive today...

Took my 65SC out the other day, still runs great.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Beautiful! And you are winding that engine up! Is that a standard wheel made into a Carrera 2 wheel? (Don’t see a seam for the 9 segments, but it could be the framing)

Great color combination too.

No wonder Porsche enthusiasts were disappointed by the new 911’s compared to the 356’s - not only were they heavier and less sporty (until the 67S) but not nearly as elegant like the dash.

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    1955 Speedster was the start! I love those too. I raced a 1955 Speedster for years that Rod Emory built. I’d love to have another some day. I’m jealous!
    Interesting. Couple of years ago, purchased ‘55 Speedster that had been stored in Bishop, CA for many years. It will be this winters project for me.

Funny story... I was driving it from a storage facility in downtown SF and had to go through the rough tenderloin area where there is two blocks of homeless. (Yes, LiveFromNY, there is homeless in downtown SF). I received at least 4 “I love that car” shouts from the homeless, plus a guy in a wheelchair yelling out “is that a ‘59?” Which it is. But it would take a really keen eye to tell it from a 1958.

So, LiveFromNy, while SF does have its issues, and Austin is indeed an amazing city, Austin doesn’t have the scenery to compare to the best outside SF! Tomorrow the redwoods...or maybe Yosemite...? Perhaps Pebble or Napa... hmmm?
    Teasing! Austin is great and I just watched a Willy Nelson concert there on PBS that made me jealous!

Rower, thanks. The steering wheel is an LL that came with a T5 Roadster I had years ago. Sold the car but kept the wheel. I also had a black/red 59 normal coupe that was my daily driver for decades. Your car brings back memories.

Quote Originally Posted by eprnjp View Post
    Rower, thanks. The steering wheel is an LL that came with a T5 Roadster I had years ago. Sold the car but kept the wheel. I also had a black/red 59 normal coupe that was my daily driver for decades. Your car brings back memories.
    That was careless of me; I glossed over the obvious differences in the spokes. LL was on the 904; pretty valuable wheel.

And black is quite a rare color in these 356’s so maybe it’s your old car!

Over here now... better fit
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

They are charming.
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Well, I did have a 59 that I drove. It was "Orange" over tan, and had great options (Rudge's, wind wings, VDM wood wheel w/ flasher, Becker Hi-way Hi-Fi). Wish I still had it. I now have 2 59's and neither one are even close to being able to drive... sigh. Great looking 356s guys!
    That was a great one you let get away Eric. But you have had so many great ones, and still do.
    It must have had a long kardex. Certainly an unusual color.

@rower, I'm digging on the tropical gilt 5508 NCG that I believe is a 58 issue, No ?
    T2 coupe in Black equally cool !