Thread: Front fog light installation question

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar

Front fog light installation question

Greetings,

I have received the beautiful Fog Lights from AFS (thank you Eric !)
    Browsed that wonderful forum, found electrical wiring diagram (attached again just in case)
    Checked my stunning 911L front trunk, and got the superb view on the correct coloured wires for the front fog lights. original dashboard switch in ready for action, yellow relay steady too.

NOW, the white / green wires goes from the fuse panel to the front front front, dive into the trunk and .... cannot find them.

Question is : what is the path of the front fog lights white/green from the fuse panel to the fog lights themselves ? Any pics ?

Cheers
    Xavier
    Name:  Copy of 200 dpi color magazine resized.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  43.1 KB
    Name:  E12047CA-EFA2-4E31-9773-DE22179DDB1F_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  105.2 KB
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Xavier, the Green/White are part of the loom going from the fuse to the headlights buckets and the horn (bifurcation in the headlight bucket going down). They should be back to the fuse block in the middle of the fuse block.
    Look underneath the car where your horn wire are, you should find the fog lights wire (only one wire to +, grounding to - done through the body/bolt)

Quote Originally Posted by mathieulecomte View Post
    Xavier, the Green/White are part of the loom going from the fuse to the headlights buckets and the horn (bifurcation in the headlight bucket going down). They should be back to the fuse block in the middle of the fuse block.
    Look underneath the car where your horn wire are, you should find the fog lights wire (only one wire to +, grounding to - done through the body/bolt)
    Thanks
    I did, so I need to remove the headlights, there should be there though, hidden.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

originally the wires were bundled and taped to the harness under the headlight bucket (not in the bucket) . After years of mechanics "fixing" things no telling if they are still there.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    originally the wires were bundled and taped to the harness under the headlight bucket (not in the bucket) . After years of mechanics "fixing" things no telling if they are still there.
    I believe this is it, I got back to my car and investigated, none, wires were cut and have only a fraction of them. I have ordered a new fog lights harness.
    I 'll take pics and sill post here for information.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Ed Mayo makes an important point above. Are you sure "wires were cut?" That is, did you find those wires in the bundle around the area described above and confirm they were cut? If you visualize the area abound the horns and"J" tube, usually these wires (one on each side of the car) are in their own conduit which runs so long when not used, it is wrapped around the J tube with electrical tape to keep it out of the way and from dragging. So, are you sure, these are not still there wrapped up and stuffed to the side somewhere? Sorry if you confirmed they are actually cut, but this would have been a very strange thing for someone to have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Morris View Post
    Ed Mayo makes an important point above. Are you sure "wires were cut?" That is, did you find those wires in the bundle around the area described above and confirm they were cut? If you visualize the area abound the horns and"J" tube, usually these wires (one on each side of the car) are in their own conduit which runs so long when not used, it is wrapped around the J tube with electrical tape to keep it out of the way and from dragging. So, are you sure, these are not still there wrapped up and stuffed to the side somewhere? Sorry if you confirmed they are actually cut, but this would have been a very strange thing for someone to have done.
    I will check again though and will take pics - no issue as for sure would prefer to use the original harness.wires rather than cabling again the whole lot.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

TADA ! installed and the wires were cut () before the conduit. So I made new wires.
    Thanks to all for the tips and help.
    Name:  IMG_1999-2.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  150.3 KB
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Xavier did you wire the fog lights and the driving lights on two different circuits or a single one?

Quote Originally Posted by mathieulecomte View Post
    Xavier did you wire the fog lights and the driving lights on two different circuits or a single one?
    Two different circuits
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407