Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recaro sport seat - old style look

Recaro sport seat - old style look

offer a recaro sports seat here. year of construction is likely to be the end of the 60s. the previous owner completely overhauled the seat. here he tried to do a balancing act from lwb sports seat and cover in like elephant skin optics. the seat was to be installed in a 1968 swb - but the owner did not want to do without a headrest, so he took an lwb seat - also for reasons of cost. the car was then sold without the seat and i bought the seat within a convulute a few years ago. the seat was probably never used after restoration. again very clearly said: the seat was NOT covered with the original letherette - in my opinion it would fit nicely in some 1968 911.

s-zz.jpg s-zzzz.jpg

price without headrest / without rails / without shipping = 1,800 €. (shipping to usa will be 75€ - 150€)

If interested, PM. thank you

best

uwe

bump..........

Uwe, if I was you I'd write that this is not a LWB seat

hello uli, porsche lwb = from summer 1968 -1973. the seat was definitely not built before summer 1968 - in this respect lwb. what do you mean by "no lwb" ???

best

hi, the seat is still available. In the meantime I have converted it to a chrome-plated hinge. fits the overall concept very well in my opinion. price has remained the same. the previous black fitting is of course also available as an option. price reduction including headrest including shipping = complete 1750 € ..... rails / bracket on request

regards

bb161.jpeguwe

Quote Originally Posted by recarno View Post
    hello uli, porsche lwb = from summer 1968 -1973. the seat was definitely not built before summer 1968 - in this respect lwb. what do you mean by "no lwb" ???

best
    Because that seat arrangement wasn't provided in any Porsche LWB cars, only SWB cars. Of course we are talking about model year and not specific dates of manufacture. Has nothing to do with the date the seat might have been built.

When you use the LWB and SWB terms (being Porsche related acronyms) we automatically associate what would be/would not be factory correct for those cars.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Interesting that the hinge on the seat has changed from black to chrome in the newer photo.
    I only notice because I hurst came out of the garage after referring my own black LWB sport seat hinge
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

kent, you could have noticed if you had read the text ;-)

if you are interested in buying, you can also have the black hinge - same price. I like the chrome here somehow hang better.

regards

This slider type was only used on SWB cars with a SWB tilt. So it would not bolt onto original LWB tilts as they are different. Seat looks late but the base says early. It’s fine for a 68 with the right base to mount it to. Recarno will tell you himself it’s not right for a 67. Life is not easy with these parts. Here is what LWB looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Why would I do that?
    GLWS

Quote Originally Posted by recarno View Post
    kent, you could have noticed if you had read the text ;-)

if you are interested in buying, you can also have the black hinge - same price. I like the chrome here somehow hang better.

regards
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306