Good morning everyone,

In the current state of affairs, a lot of the people who we rely on to keep our cars in great shape are struggling with the current economic situation. In that light any work we can bring them is a good idea, and I will follow that course of action in getting some interior work done. I have spent a few hours this morning looking at various website in order the necessary parts, as well as run through old threads about what is right and what is less right. In that light, I have managed to not only totally confuse myself, but also gone down the rabbit hole of "nothing is quite right" because of a bewildering set of data points and experiences that usually exactly contradict the opinions, or even better, "the facts", one just read.

In the practical world in which we live, here's what I would like to do today:

1. My headliner was painted black, I need to either replace it or clean it all off. I am assuming replacement will be the way to go. I would appreciate a recommendation for a "close enough" headliner (I understand about the hole patterns etc), in a close enough color (white vs grayish?)

2. My door panels were opened up for two sets of speakers, I need to replace them, prices range from $800 to $1,300 at various places. If the $1,300 are better than the $800 from an originality point of view, fine, but are they? It was a US car, so basketweave is correct, no worries about elephant trim etc.

3. To go with the headliner, I will need to have a correctish set of sun visors, black/white. Endless discussions about pivot vs no pivot etc. Wide variety of prices, $100 a set, $250 per side...again, which one should I get today to achieve a reasonably consistent pattern with the headliner?

I hope nobody will take this as a rant against all of our combined expertise, as without it, our hobby would be lessened and our cars would probably not even be on the road! I am just trying to provide work to people who need it with what is available. I am happy to order it all from one vendor, I would always choose better or more correct over saving a few bucks but time is of the essence.

Thank you in advance for your replies, I sincerely appreciate them and I look forward to having us all back together at various Cars and Coffees in our respective locals.

Pascal