Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cris Huergas Wikipedia

Cris Huergas Wikipedia

Dear EarlySRegistry & Rgruppe friends,

I need your help. I've built a Wikipedia page in honor of our dear friend Cris Huergas, however the Wikipedia editors have deemed my writing to not "meet the general notability guidelines." This is normal. It just means that I need to add more references and important facts. I've scoured the web for articles, but I need your help to find more. Could you please post links to articles about Cris that I can add to the site?

Here's a link to what Wikipedia notes as a guideline for notability.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability

Here is the article I posted on Cris.
    Crispin Huergas Jr (December 22, 1957 – January 6, 2020) was the President and co-founder, along with Freeman Thomas, of the R Gruppe, a "hot rod" sports car club dedicated to celebrating the "Sports Purpose" essence of the early Porsche 911. Cris was instrumental in bringing together a close-knit group of friends and early Porsche enthusiasts from around the world.

R Gruppe[edit]
    The R Gruppe club was formed in 2000, with its first event being held along the shore of Cambria, California. Today, the club has worldwide membership, capped at 300. Cris was instrumental in creating some of the most widely celebrated Porsche enthusiast events on the West Coast, including large, monthly gatherings of enthusiasts at European Auto Salvage Yard (EASY) in Emeryville, CA, a Porsche parts dismantler and supplier of vintage parts, as well as an annual Treffen (German for meeting) in California for members from around the globe.

References[edit]
    [1] Porsche Newsroom: Merry Band of Misfits
    [2] Petrolicious: This Is The Car That Inspired The R-Gruppe
    [3] Vintage Porsche Salvage Yard and Meetup Spot ‘EASY’ Moves On After 40 Years in Emeryville
    [4] Wall Street Journal: The Legendary Porsche 911, Remastered
    [5] Love ‘Em or Hate ‘Em, Get to Know the R Gruppe
    [6] Obituary for Crispin R. Huergas
    External links[edit]
    [7] YouTube video: 9:11 Magazine Episode 12: R Group
    [8] YouTube video: Farewell Cris Huergas, Gruppemeister

It's currently sitting in Wikipedia's "drafts" section. If I can add more information, I can resubmit it for review and (hopefully!) publishing to the wikipedia main page.

Also, if someone has a picture that is license-free that they could submit, that would be helpful as well.

Thank you!

Gary
    Gary

You can link to my interview from 2009, please give the blog full credit.

https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/...-cris-huergas/

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Here's are cropped versions of a pic from RRVI in fall of 2018 in front of the restored Toad Hall 1972 911 ST...taken by me.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Nice pic Gib....
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Nice pic Gib....
    Thank you everyone for your contributions!

Regards,

Gary
    Gary

This is cool.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

RGruppe is very special to me.

Back in in the mid-late 1990s's I met Cris. We bonded over our '69S & '73S Sports purpose cars. RGruppe was formed soon afterwards, although I didn't realize it was a formal organization until a few years later. Around the late 1990's or year 2,000 when we had our first Treffen at Cambria.

For your Wikipedia entry I have some information. First. It was a group of close friends with similar interests in early 911 Sports Purpose early 911's. Some of the original RGruppe members are: Ernie Wilburg, Rodney Chew, John Rice, Gib Bosworth, Richard Sutliffe, and Cris Huergas ...and others I'm sure I've left out.

It was truly a band of brothers in the early days...not many of us. Our first get together was at Cris' place in Alameda in the late 1990's. Maybe about 5-6 of us with Sports Purpose Porsches. We just enjoyed visiting and checking out the mods on our cars. A couple of years later I remember a great drive several of us had leaving EASY and heading to Cris' place in Alameda. Traffic was lighter back then and Cris and I both drove our Early S cars at way above the freeway speed limits and traded grins and thumbs up the whole way as we passed and repassed each other and all the other traffic.

In year 2000 Cris formalized RGruppe and we had our first Treffen in Cambria. Wow! What a thrill to drive into motel parking lot and see 100+ other Sports Purpose early 911's.

Cris is to be credited with starting all of this. Many good times were had and many good friends were made over the years.

A few months ago I was invited to attend a reunion of RGruppe founding members at the old Alameda Air Base. I didn't hesitate. It was a great day and although Cris wasn't feeling tip top he was very glad to see all of us and we were super glad to see him too. His old friends. His founding members. And yes, as I said, we were glad to see him. Somehow all the years just melted away. It was a magic day. I feel lucky that I was a part of it.

Richard Sutliffe
    RGruppe #16
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Richard; 05-21-2020 at 09:34 PM.

[QUOTE=Richard;1059950]RGruppe is very special to me.

Thank you everyone.

I've submitted the changes for review by members of Wikipedia. Fingers crossed that it will be published.
    Gary

Very cool that a significant contributor to an arguably small interest group can be immortalised in a 21st century way.

Make sure to include this published cross reference...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeman_Thomas
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100