Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shout out for the 928!

Shout out for the 928!

I’ve always been partial to the 928, having frequently borrowed a friends while living in nyc for long weekend trips into the country. I’m not sure which he had but probably a GT as it was new.

It’s the first two years I liked the most, with the purer body style, no spoilers and fun interiors. For years I wanted one, and a few months ago finally did it. Oak green with a green interior in pascha. I haven’t driven it yet, but I’m definitely looking forward to it.

I just love the pascha. Sorry for the photo being rotated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats rower.. What I didn't realize until fairly recently, is how well they do in Fall / Winter weather....good heat output in a minute or two. Most guys don't put them in the cold, but they perform very well at 15 F with roads visible. You can angle a pc of luann plywood over the rad to offset extreme cold. If you happen to need something at night, imo they are supreme grocery getters, even with conditions at 15 F. Of course, it 'must' be removed as weather climbs upward...no coverage is necessary then.

I've never seen that color...super !

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    I just love the pascha....
    So do i ..... congrats on a nice choice
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Congratulations rower. I like them and that shape was ahead of its time but always been a bit put off by stories about electrics so never owned one.

I've been hooked on the early cars since someone tossed the keys to a super clean & original '78 or '79 5-speed my way. It drove how my childhood thought the Bandit's Trans-Am would (but of course the Pontiac was awful). Rumbly, wonderful engine. Nice transmission, and cooler with that dogleg first. Light on its feet, good brakes, and something I didn't expect from Pontiac even as a kid: everything made to a very high standard.

I've driven a lot of 928s since then. Stock S4s and modified 6.5-liter monsters and Club Sports…but the early cars remain my favorites. Oak on green/Pasha is a fabulous combination. Congrats!

What?? Am I feeling some 928 love here? This one is an 85 S with 5 speed, LSD, no side moldings, and the stitched leather on everything. 33,000 miles and all original paint...

20190825_180456.jpg
    20190420_115621.jpg
    20190420_115637.jpg
    Lee Fishpaw

O Gruppe #20
    Early S Reg #2175
    R Gruppe #714
    '70 914-6
    '88 911
    '85 928S
    '74 260Z
    '74 TR6

I once drove a TransAm and genuinely thought I was going to die taking the first curve after getting complacent on roads that to that point were straight. Bend was taken at not a ridiculously crazy speed but pressing on ... scary ... everything seemed to move but in a bad discombobulated way. Maybe that one was a particularly poor example of the model but quite possibly the worst car I ever drove from a handling perspective. I have driven many cars that aren’t great handling — none actually scared me like that one did on that curve. I got out of it sharpish.

Oak green. 1978. Love the phone dial wheels.

9572A57A-C8C2-4F28-B464-6D12D2F0A186.jpg

Oak Green... one of favorite Porsche colors. A local guy had a 77 911S in that color over a cork interior. Loved that car...
    Lee Fishpaw

O Gruppe #20
    Early S Reg #2175
    R Gruppe #714
    '70 914-6
    '88 911
    '85 928S
    '74 260Z
    '74 TR6

It’s funny that I used to think the 928 was so big... smaller than the new 911’s now!