Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2 View Post
When it is time to get rough get a electric saws all with a metal blade long enough to reach the offending screw and cut it off under the rail. but it might damage the rail base or put a hole in your carpet if your not careful. Just my 2 cents.
Yes, exactly. As an update, I met with Scott last weekend--he was kind enough to come take a look and diagnose the problem on the spot. If it hasn't been said, Scott and his brother are extremely personable and generous. We have a tentative rendezvous set for this weekend to begin "heavy" work.

Within minutes, Scott and his brother diagnosed my problem: one of the screws on the upper rail has backed out and is hitting both the safety bar and the forward-most screw on the lower rail. Not cool, but not insurmountable. We have a few tentative fixes, which involve removing the screws that we can access and either jiggling the seat free or cutting the head(s) off the tops of the offending screw(s). Seems like I will be able to save my rails and floor mounts--a huge goal as the car is largely original and I would hate to mangle it for something as low-priority as improving my seating position.

I will be sure to circle back with an update (and pictures) once the problem has been corrected.