Thread: PLEASE READ: Message from Restoration Design Inc.

PLEASE READ: Message from Restoration Design Inc.

A message from the Team at Restoration Design Inc.

Name:  RD memo.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  55.7 KB

Good morning, Alex.

I got that email yesterday (and a dozen calls, texts, and emails about that email shortly thereafter).

I am completely out of the loop having cut off all communication with Esposito, his daughter Laurina, and that company 3-4 years ago.

Can you elaborate on the situation here so I have a place I can send inquiring minds?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    Good morning, Alex.

I got that email yesterday (and a dozen calls, texts, and emails about that email shortly thereafter).

I am completely out of the loop having cut off all communication with Esposito, his daughter Laurina, and that company 3-4 years ago.

Can you elaborate on the situation here so I have a place I can send inquiring minds?

Hello Marco,

I would rather not get into too much detail.
    Here's the short story: We had an agreement that ESPO (John Esposito Porsche Repair) would be a dealer of our parts. Things have taken a turn for the worse, and they will no longer be selling RD Product as our dealer. We neglected to do our due diligence, and are now paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex deJonge View Post
    Hello Marco,

I would rather not get into too much detail.
    Here's the short story: We had an agreement that ESPO (John Esposito Porsche Repair) would be a dealer of our parts. Things have taken a turn for the worse, and they will no longer be selling RD Product as our dealer. We neglected to do our due diligence, and are now paying for it.

Sorry for this but you aren't the first.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ou-decide.html

On a positive note I'd like to thank RD for the products which were used in the restoration of a 356SC I owned. It went on to win class and best restoration at the 2019 Porsche Parade. You guys were easy to deal with and my body guy is number one on your list in VA. He is enjoying a good working relationship with Restoration Design.

Best regards,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    Sorry for this but you aren't the first.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ou-decide.html

On a positive note I'd like to thank RD for the products which were used in the restoration of a 356SC I owned. It went on to win class and best restoration at the 2019 Porsche Parade. You guys were easy to deal with and my body guy is number one on your list in VA. He is enjoying a good working relationship with Restoration Design.

Best regards,

Tom
    Thanks for the support Tom, much appreciated!
    Since making this public, phone calls, emails etc. have been pouring in from customers, sharing stories and support. The Porsche community is definitely a great group of guys, and gals, that we love being a part of, and we look forward to working with you in the future. Stay Safe!

+1 for Alex and RD. Since the business moved to Ontario, it has grown by leaps and bounds and tried very hard to make the most precise replacements for our cars. The fact that they are just up the road from me and just down the road from Robert Gross's shop is an added bonus and point of local pride.

I had the chance to tour through with our Southern Ontario Longhood Association cars and coffee group 4years ago. What a bunch of dedicated craftsmen. What tickled me most though were the boxes in the shipping bay labeled "Jerry Sienfeld".

Ravi
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK