Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: source for wire connecting rubber boots ?

source for wire connecting rubber boots ?

I've cannibalized a few of these from pieces of dead looms. I could use several more. search results from google were less than inspiring. any ideas ?
    TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    84102 purchased in '85 FINALLY started driving it (2/2015)
    '73 911T original paint sunroof coupe waiting in the wings
    3 gauge Holbert 912... now for something completely different
    1940 Mercury town sedan

Quote Originally Posted by typ901 View Post
    I've cannibalized a few of these from pieces of dead looms. I could use several more. search results from google were less than inspiring. any ideas ?
    TIA
    Hard to find exactly the same but plenty of generic ones available. Search "automotive fully insulated blade terminal".

Quote Originally Posted by typ901 View Post
    TIA
    subscribed!

looking for those (and the earlier yellow ones) for years without success...running out of dead looms soon

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    subscribed!

looking for those (and the earlier yellow ones) for years without success...running out of dead looms soon
    Found something very similar in shape and texture. It soft not hard

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-B...72.m2749.l2649

Non-insulated terminals are fairly commonly obtained in Europe and the kits come with little hard plastic insulators. The one shown is fairly common on early 911/912. One solution that is also common on early 911/912 is to use a piece of heat shrink tubing over the terminal. I was just dismantling a '66 harness and there were more terminals with heat shrink than little boots.

Quote Originally Posted by savaden View Post
    Non-insulated terminals are fairly commonly obtained in Europe and the kits come with little hard plastic insulators. The one shown is fairly common on early 911/912. One solution that is also common on early 911/912 is to use a piece of heat shrink tubing over the terminal. I was just dismantling a '66 harness and there were more terminals with heat shrink than little boots.
    no heat shrink tubes used on early 911/912 harness... the ones you are refering to are kind of rubber tubes that are applied with a special tool.
    i am looking for the exact same type of boot not something close to it

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    no heat shrink tubes used on early 911/912 harness... the ones you are refering to are kind of rubber tubes that are applied with a special tool.
    i am looking for the exact same type of boot not something close to it
    Same boots as used on the 356, they have a pebbly texture. Will send you an email on this Franz, have something pretty close

Original rubber sleeves for wire terminals were applied with pliers like in photo below. Source is Germany company: https://www.hellermanntyton.com/comp...ting-tube#tab6 US information is (800) 537-1512
    Attached Images Attached Images  

...hmm just my 2 cents..anyone already asked at Gerard Kroon?
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    ...hmm just my 2 cents..anyone already asked at Gerard Kroon?
    yep-without reply