Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: so who bought a motorcycle later in life?

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    I used to ride a lot and have had more than my fair share of cool bikes over the years. I don't ride much anymore unless it's on limited access roads like the Blue Ridge Parkway or Skyline Drive which are nearby. (Cell phones don't work due to poor coverage)
    My keepers are 5 "elderly" BMW's + an Electra Glide. Sold the bevel Ducatis years ago and all of my Moto Guzzi's over a year ago. I've had the Electra Glide since '96 which I will still ride because it's brakes and handling outmatch any of the old BMW's I have. Never cared how fast they went; only how fast they stopped. I do miss (looking at) my 851 and 888 even if they were some of the most uncomfortable bikes I ever owned. The bevel 750 Sports were 1st place. I refer to them as "15 minute rides".
    Best all around bike I ever had was a Honda VFR 750. It did nothing wrong.
    www.pbase.com/tdb
    I watched that YouTube. Thanks for mentioning it. That is insane. Wow. I always wanted a 750 VFR when they were new. My dream bike by the reviews. Are there any great ones for sale?
    The early S’s...

1967 S Coupe
    1969 S werks
    1973 RS Coupe (an honorary S?)

My real passion are 356’s

I‘ve seen this on Saturday... really nice. But my mantra „I won‘t ride a bike in public traffic“ says no
    Name:  B720C315-6649-4B89-B8F0-15B02194DB24.jpeg
Views: 169
Size:  110.0 KB

Name:  853FD067-000B-47C1-B2DA-70D4AADB7F20.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  139.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    I watched that YouTube. Thanks for mentioning it. That is insane. Wow. I always wanted a 750 VFR when they were new. My dream bike by the reviews. Are there any great ones for sale?
    Last one I looked at was around 2001. Mine was carbureted and the next iteration was fuel injected which was a plus because while they really did respond well to carb kitting it was a bit of a pain.
    I had a Staintune can on it. Between the gear driven cams and the V4 arrangement it made noises just about as pretty as a Ducati. Less maintenance too. I'm not seeing any that I'd be interested in. I do have a contact that does nothing but motorcycle buying, selling and trading. Known him for years. If you want I'll pm his information.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    "Experience is the mother of wisdom" - idiom
    "Let them that don't want none, have memories of not gettin' any"- Brother Dave Gardner

Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Just bought a 2010 Ducati Monster 696. Last few months' shelter in place left me depressed so I decided to buy a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    i‘ve seen this on saturday... Really nice. But my mantra „i won‘t ride a bike in public traffic“ says no

Name:  853FD067-000B-47C1-B2DA-70D4AADB7F20.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  139.4 KB
    Whatever the shade....it's nice.

Name:  26 Chief.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  100.4 KB

couldn't resist a ride on a friend's 42 BSA today - has some agricultural character like a lanz bulldog

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  174.8 KB

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Thursday/300miles/10hours/85degrees/WhiteMts.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Nice John
    40 years apart , your R69S and the 1100S's
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"
    1987 BMW K100RS Motorsport

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Yes Ron, it was a good day.
    Only times I feel vintage is when I need to accelerate, or brake - or when I look in a mirror.
    Your [older bike] would have fit in nicely.

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606