Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: so who bought a motorcycle later in life?

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    I recommend the old
    „on any sunday“
    by bruce brown
    https://youtu.be/QiRD2s3VcHQ

just to get an idea...
    Great old movie!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

soooooooo I wanted to share.....

took a lil vaca...first since covid, and first since being single.

I looked around in Fla( I am in NY) to be able to rent..pickings were slim, and I decided to go Ft Myers...and get a sportster to rent.

I had a blast....bike was great for tooling around under say 60 mph.....very torquey.....great sound......very clunky trans...neutral was impossible to find..it was a 2015...

BUt wow, did I feel vulnerable on it...highways I hated.....but back roads 40-60 mph were fantastic.

You see and sense sooooo much more vs a car.....lol

Would I buy one?.......i still might...but it was really an eye opener...yes I loved it ...but I felt sooooo naked.........renting might be best a bit for now

so i wanted to share!!!!

looked for months to get away for 3 or 4 days... I have worked thru covid, in health care,,,I needed a break. Renting a bike is not that ez......and then when a bike is avail it may not be what u really want or its just too far away.

So basically I find Florida which was on my radar anyhew...and I find a Harley dealer I can rent from. Not my style at all...but I do like sportys.....I rent an 883....2015 or so... bare bones....no frills....and its not for the hwy..I want for tooling around town, bars and beaches ...up to say 60 mph. It was fantastic. It had aftermarket pipes.... the sound the shifting ...it was so much fun. But getting here and there required some hwys...that was awful.....man I felt so naked..so vulnerable.
    And yet in Fla most dont wear hats...
    Would I buy a bike?...yes.. but I really would limit my time and locations ....ask me after a few months or so..maybe Ill get more relaxed.... so much fun...

and it sharpened my driving skills!

been looking at r80's.....maybe even a cafe style custom.

………….. ……….
    Attached Images Attached Images
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

haul... not sure I get that.

If it's a BSA or Royal Enfield.....
    Mark Curtin
    Early S Registry #369
    Rgruppe #247

or maybe some
    peashooters installed..

there had been the tv series
    „a girl is a gun“ ->s.o. transduced it
    to
    „a bike is a gun“

maybe the
    „happiness is a warm gun“
    should also be transduced
    to
    „happiness is a warm motorcycle“
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

I posted a pic of the Thruxton I built 10 years ago earlier along with a pic of my Speed Triple. Here’s another of the Thruxton, with an earlier version of the tank, because reading the recent entries in the thred always makes me miss my bikes.6D3AFE36-EEDC-401C-A8C1-B57B9D50E16C.jpeg
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

3ABB0530-1B61-4423-BC5C-97EC240743F0.jpg

Picked up an old RG500 Gamma.

Beastly at 365lbs wet with about 100hp at the wheel.

Bill
    1969 911T - sold
    2001 911 Turbo - sold
    1996 911 C4S - returned
    1982 911SC - gone
    1960 356 Roadster - sold