Thread: fooling, trolling&c***teasing., ask, ask, urge and then nothing

fooling, trolling&c***teasing., ask, ask, urge and then nothing

Dear all,

i got contacted already last year by a fellow member from the north-west, asking for help concerning a fabric for one of his builts.
    As always, I do try to help ..
    mails exchanged, did some calls for him in order to try to get the right material.

As I do know the company, which is working together with the factory museum, I also asked for help and contacts.
    Finally I could secure NOS original fabric of the jubilee honey tweed, 2meters, last meters the retired upholsterer had in his „archive“.
    I reported to our fellow member, and he immediately came up with: i just do need 1.32m....
    I told him, no problem, no issue, you do not have to take it...I am doing a favour for you, I am not a reseller, or sales-per-cm-guy!!

He came back with mails, aahh, ohh, he wants this tweed, he needs it...I say, ok, no issue, still have it, thought to offer it to others...
    If i can help him with the pigskin vinyl matching to the jubilee interiour...and the cinnamon twill

He came constantly with mails, asking, have you found it, need it urgently, looking for so long?
    mails exchanged, telephone calls, found it,
    original vinyl, pigskin, bought years ago directly at the factory when they were selling their stock & warehouse left overs.
    the twill is really hard to get, nothing found..

told him the price per running meter..
    he need 8.2 m...I told him I just can get it per full meters...

we are now in half a year communication, getting a happy ending?

yes, pricing, ok, all nice, bought the 9m, checked the shipping options..
    DHL is not shipping longer than 120cm at the time being, vinyl is 140 in width...so only chance is UPS..which at least do have own planes..
    secured delivery up to 2nd of june!!!
    did send the invoice to him, all transparent for him
    how can i pay you, via paypal?
    yes please...paypal..

now, today, just hours ago:
    I have a guy from the UK, last week, send me a quote that includes shipping for 598.26
    Are you able to match that price?

Well, lesson learned...thank you fellow member...invested about 15hours, drove about 40miles..
    just answered with:

thank you for your reply.
    You are free to get whatever you do need from whom ever you want.
    again thank you for your cooperation

I will offer the jubilee honey tweed in the sales...

br
    stay safe&healthy

haul
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

And that was the absolute correct response Why do some people play these games
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Disappointing...saw your material sold right away...congrats on that
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

That's why I do not publicly post a friend's number/email who is able to source a lot of the upholstery materials

Whatz a fu@#er! Saw your post, happy you were able to sell it.
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter