Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Original LWB 10000 volts screwdrivers

I see. This is not how I would treat things had the transaction been reversed. I too am honest.
    Thanks for spending an ‘exhausting amount of time’ on completing your end of the transaction.
    I will not be funding any more shipping charges should they arrive back ay you, I’m sorry.
    Thanks for all your efforts.

Regards
    Mike

Seriously Mike, I meant everything I wrote nicely and in good faith. I don't think it was unreasonable of me to ask you to cover the postage cost to send it the second time to you as I had covered the cost initially. It was not my fault it was not collected at the post office at your end hence the mess we are now in. In my attempt to remain civil about this, I will pay for the postage cost again.
    4.jpg

I am also trying to be perfectly reasonable. There must be a compromise position here Al.

I do not live anywhere near Glasgow, I am not aware of any attempt to deliver these to my address, I do not expect to sit in my house full time awaiting delivery.
    There has been no communication with me by any shipping/postal company and nobody has asked me to collect anything from the post office (which never happens in the UK as a matter of fact)

What would you expect if the tables were turned? Would you just write it off as bad luck? Suffer the loss? How long would you expect to wait for some kind of resolution?

Offer me an olive branch please... I’m reasonable to deal with and feel I’ve done nothing wrong to merit a post starting ‘Seriously Mike’.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

[QUOTE=210bhp;1069994]
    I am also trying to be perfectly reasonable. There must be a compromise position here Al.
    Mike, like you, I have been most reasonable as well. Not a week has gone by that I didn't follow up Austrian Post regarding this matter but they refuse to accept responsibility and blame you for not collecting it and the postal service provider from your end.

I do not live anywhere near Glasgow, I am not aware of any attempt to deliver these to my address, I do not expect to sit in my house full time awaiting delivery.
    I emphatize with you Mike but as the tracking information suggests, it was delivered and it wasn't collected. These are complications beyond you and I but fact of the matter is, I am an honest seller and sent the parts which you paid for.
    There has been no communication with me by any shipping/postal company and nobody has asked me to collect anything from the post office (which never happens in the UK as a matter of fact)
    I believe you Mike but if one refers to the tracking history of the parcel I sent, it is all clearly there indicating it travelled and made it all the way there but consequently returned. https://www.post.at/sv/sendungsdetai...=Ca804187016at

What would you expect if the tables were turned? Would you just write it off as bad luck? Suffer the loss?
    The tables have been turned a couple of times before on me Mike and yes, I have also lost parts in the past but I have never blamed the Seller that has demonstrated proof and honesty in a transaction.

How long would you expect to wait for some kind of resolution?
    I am trying my best Mike but I cannot be expected to compensate you for the procedural screw-up at your postal service provider. Hence despite all of this, I am still here trying to resolve the matter the best I can and assist you.

Offer me an olive branch please... I’m reasonable to deal with and feel I’ve done nothing wrong to merit a post starting ‘Seriously Mike’.
    I think I have also demonstrated enough how reasonable I have been too Mike. I am not going to give-up that easily but ultimately, I can only do and achieve so much. I will continue to see and pursue as I have been; what I can do from this end.

Quote Originally Posted by al agustin View Post
    Price drop to $400 shipped. Paypal by Friends only. Thanks!
    Proceed with caution.
    Last edited by LiveFromNY; 08-25-2020 at 11:49 AM.

This is most disappointing. A warning? Is it a suggestion of my being dishonest? I get asked all the time to send via Friends in order for the Seller not to lose on PayPal fees. It is not a crime nor a reflection of one's character. Do we just ignore all the honest evidence I have presented and take sides?

I am not accusing you of being dishonest and I never have.
    The tracking information you have kindly supplied (more than once) does not indicate the package got any nearer me than Glasgow (please correct me if I’m wrong) which is over 60 miles from me. I don’t see anywhere on that information (admittedly it’s not in English) my address, my town or even my region.
    Thanks for trying to track matters on an ongoing basis.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Quote Originally Posted by al agustin View Post
    This is most disappointing. A warning? Is it a suggestion of my being dishonest? I get asked all the time to send via Friends in order for the Seller not to lose on PayPal fees. It is not a crime nor a reflection of one's character. Do we just ignore all the honest evidence I have presented and take sides?
    Whether or not violating the terms and conditions you agreed to when opening a Paypal account is a reflection of one's character is an open question - but that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

It's very simple, Al. As the seller, you are responsible 100% until the item is successfully delivered to the buyer. This is not only the policy of every credit card company and major payment provider, but the law (where such laws exist). I suppose that IF the tracking showed a definitive delivery attempt at the buyer's address and IF it could be proven that the buyer received such notice and failed to pick up the item, THEN you could TRY and make the case that you're owed shipping fees. But this is clearly a screw-up by the postal service and, as the seller, that's on you. Refund the man or get him his screwdrivers. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Whether or not violating the terms and conditions you agreed to when opening a Paypal account is a reflection of one's character is an open question - but that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

It's very simple, Al. As the seller, you are responsible 100% until the item is successfully delivered to the buyer. This is not only the policy of every credit card company and major payment provider, but the law (where such laws exist). I suppose that IF the tracking showed a definitive delivery attempt at the buyer's address and IF it could be proven that the buyer received such notice and failed to pick up the item, THEN you could TRY and make the case that you're owed shipping fees. But this is clearly a screw-up by the postal service and, as the seller, that's on you. Refund the man or get him his screwdrivers. End of story.
    Great writing and I appreciate your comment. However, I disagree with it. End of story.
    I have done and shall continue to do everything I can for Mike not because it is some legal obligation but because it is the right thing to do.

Not involved but I am worn out with the process so far.....why not just start all over .
    Return buyers payment and start a new sale for the same item.
    Raise the price to cover your lost shipping expense.

Decide whether to sell to same or a new buyer.
    Saves all the back and forth With no resolution
    Keep it simple
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)