Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Braking - pulls to LEFT...

+1 on corner balance.
    Especially since the suspension was recently done. A proper corner balance is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson Schmidt View Post
    +1 on corner balance.
    Especially since the suspension was recently done. A proper corner balance is a must.
    Thank you for this reminder...have not done it yet on this car, but had done so previously on my other 911 builds.

Post #10, in my opinion. Or take it all apart and start from s c r a t c h. Truly, it sounds like a inner flex hose defect/damage. @ least that would be a simple repair.
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Post #10, in my opinion. Or take it all apart and start from s c r a t c h. Truly, it sounds like a inner flex hose defect/damage. @ least that would be a simple repair.
    new
    I appreciate the response and will be putting the car on my lift to start the diagnosis. Question though - since all calipers bled fine, if the new RIGHT flex hose was defective, wouldn't that have been obvious during the bleeding, i.e. the fluid first has to travel through that hose to the caliper. Perhaps a restriction...but not enough to keep it the caliper from bleeding properly? If I remove that flex line, is there a way to determine its integrity - or just best to replace it?

With the wheels free stomp on the brakes, then release, if the right seems to stay tight open the bleeder valve, if it releases the hose is defective.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    With the wheels free stomp on the brakes, then release, if the right seems to stay tight open the bleeder valve, if it releases the hose is defective.
    Thank you Ed..tomorrow's garage project! I'll report back what I ultimately determine the cause to be.

I did the stop and release a half dozen times and both wheels turned freely. I then had my wife progressively/incrementally apply and hold the brake pedal in positions from very, very slight application to full application - with me going side-to-side to check the brake drag until wheels could not be turned...absolutely no discernable difference left to right. I assume that would rule out concerns about the RIGHT side (or any) of the flex lines? Again, super nice solid pedal...but any value in trying a brake bleed given the results above? Thank you all for your continued thoughts, and yes, will do the corner balance.

Alignment and tire pressure too.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I've had an intermittent pull to the left under hard braking (intermittent…though far too regular…) since a complete brake system rebuild (four rebuilt calipers, new rotors, new master cylinder, and all soft lines), and still have it—though far less so now.

What I've learned so far: worn steering links will really exacerbate even a small issue. Replacing my gear from the rack to the wheels cut 80-90% of the problem, but that's not good enough. Now for that last 10%. Reading along in the comments, and thankful for them. My next moves were front flex lines and checking to see if one of the front calipers was rebuilt with a re-sized piston.

I've experienced this in only one consistent circumstance...

When rolling up to a stop over a diagonally undulating surface, where my front suspension is loading/unloading unevenly...

I happen to have an a very well traveled controlled intersection close by that has this particular condition IN BOTH DIRRECTION !!!!!...…..
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter