Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: '73 Fog Light Switch

Ravi,

Yes the logic is sound. Thanks for your validation and patience.

Name:  Fog Fuse Wiring.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  40.2 KB

The patina is a little off on the rubber pieces, but the iPhone can see better than the eye in my case. I think the dash looks much better now.

Name:  New Fog Switch Installed.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  85.3 KB

Made a modified Porsche tool P281 to help remove/install the bezel, it worked a little, will need rev 2 if I need to do more removing/installing.

Name:  Bezel tool.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  77.6 KB

Think I finally got all the necessary bits to finish the wiring...
    Dave Reu
    Member #3949
    1973 Silver Metallic 911S

Looks great. Should be a useful reference thread for many people in the future, so it was worth the effort.
    Ravi
    Last edited by NorthernThrux; 07-23-2020 at 01:14 PM.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

I am posting in there thread all the Brain Trust seems to be here.

I bought a rear fog light and fronts, but this question is regarding rear

Dash has Fog switch.

I want to connect the rear light to the stock switch and basically have front and rear work from the same switch.

I got the Kroon rear fog harness and it came with a diagram

1- I don’t the wire is long enough to reach the switch
    2- trying to make sense of the diagram

All input is greatly appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here's a text about installation of driving lights that I did several years ago on a 912. Unfortunately Tinypix ceased operation and the images disappeared: https://www.912bbs.org/forum/threads...ion-101.52035/
    Image is of the dashboard after installation of the light switch in the pre-drilled hole originally filled with a plastic plug:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The white-yellow wire runs from the front fusebox towards the foglight switch (connected to #1)
    Next to the switch you will find a (spare) white-green wire, connect it to #2 ( this wire runs to the left rearlight)
    The brown wire runs from the lamp socket towards ground (chassis)
    The red loop (most likely already connected) on the switch, runs from 3 to K

The rear foglight can be connected to the spare wire on the left rearlight loom. (the green-white wire)

If anything is not clear, please contact us at info@kroonwireharnesses.com !