Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One piece "original" front bumper S deco trim now available?

One piece "original" front bumper S deco trim now available?

Been considering removing (and keeping of course) the big ugly 73 only bumperettes on my 73 911T (purchased by my father in Dec 72). Read through as many threads on this trim here and elsewhere and it seemed the conclusion was that only one company (Trasker) was making this rubber extrusion.

But as I was searching for the lowest price (because if they are all the same might as well get the best price, right?) I came across the offering on Sierra Madre. They are offering the 3 piece unit (Tasker?) that is also on Pelican and other for sub $50...but also an "ORIGINAL" extrusion for $139 ($93 premium); https://sierramadrecollection.com/91...73-p24733.html

So my question: is this extrusion actually "original" and from a source different than Tasker?

I have heard the Tasker version fits "loose" and I would rather keep my original bumperettes in place than have a sloppy piece of rubber at the front of my car.

Opinions and assistance greatly appreciated.

...Roger

Bumping this as I'm curious myself.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

I got one from AASE that was supposed to be a very good fit ; but the shape is not even close to the original…

JD
    1970S Coupe, Blood orange #1436
    1965 Coupe, Dolphin gray #1506

R Gruppe #647 ; S Registry #1666

I think the OP (and myself) are more interested in the new rubber, not the base aluminum. My original aluminum base is still decent. The rubber is not.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

wondering if anybody has seen and tried the one piece rubber (not the base aluminum). Hate to spend 3X the cost of the repro if it basically the same as the Tasker product that is discussed often in this forum.

Thanks!!

Guessing nobody has tried these "original" extrusions from Sierra Madre. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Have you called SM and asked them about this?

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    To me the big issue with the rubber is the fit of the bonded tapered ends, sometimes terrible fit. I. The old days Porsche was the only way. To get a good piece.

yes and following was the response:

"The aftermarket is made by Tasker and is 3 pieces, which you will need to trim up to get a perfect fit. The "OEM" is made by the manufacturer that makes the Genuine, but it will not have a Porsche label on it. The OEM part is a much higher quality and is trimmed to fit. The OEM would need to be ordered, so please contact me directly and I can get the ETA on delivery."

I responded w/ a follow up asking if it was returnable if it didn't fit or didn't meet expectations and the CS rep (a Mr. Sweeney) did not respond.

Note that:
    1. No manufacturer named so wondering it is just another Tasker product. Other threads on various forums state that ALL the front deco rubber trim (under various product names) is made by Tasker.
    2. Not really sure what "trimmed to fit" means as it is one piece

In the end, if it fits better than Tasker and looks good then I would be happy; but the lack of response re: a return caused me pause thus my post here.

It's listed on their site and not marked as "special order". Therefore it is returnable as per their return policy.

https://sierramadrecollection.com/Sh...Returns-1.html