Views: 907
Size:  59.3 KBName:  9112301566v.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  45.1 KBName:  9112301566x.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  78.1 KBName:  rs proto.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  82.4 KB

The car was developed in Werks and then sent to a dealer? or was the modification done at a dealership?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 06-20-2020 at 06:36 AM.

Hi, I have continued investigating this vehicle and it has led me to investigate what I thought was a later "version". Chassis 9112301687.
    In racingsports records I have found "something strange" about this vehicle that you already know but I do not know. Is the listing okay? I note that for the same chassis you can see what I think are different vehicles distinguishable by the side oil door missing in some photos. Can anyone shed some light on this topic and the 1687 chassis?
    https://www.racingsportscars.com/cha...30%201687.html
    Name:  9112301687Cerror.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  60.9 KBName:  9112301687B.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  47.1 KB

replacement panel?
    in the first photo. What tires does it have on the front?
    In the first image, there is a window that I identify prior to 72 ... Am I correct?

I would not place a lot of weight on what is on that site without both a critical analysis of when the race was held versus when the car was built and also other confirming information from separate sources
    For example that particular car, the last 1972 ST2.5 M491 built, 911 230 1687, did not arrive in the USA (by air on a TWA plane) until August 1972. So the first two races listed here occurred before the car was built (as do another half dozen events that are listed on that site as being done by this car)

the first race it did was in November 1972 - the presidential 250 at Daytona
    then they did Daytona 24 hr in 1973 followed by the Sebring 12 hour which IS shown correctly
    I don't know about the 1984 entry but Dennis De Franceschi did own the car at around that time so it is quite possibly correct
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Quote Originally Posted by HughH View Post
    I would not place a lot of weight on what is on that site without both a critical analysis of when the race was held versus when the car was built and also other confirming information from separate sources
    For example that particular car, the last 1972 ST2.5 M491 built, 911 230 1687, did not arrive in the USA (by air on a TWA plane) until August 1972. So the first two races listed here occurred before the car was built (as do another half dozen events that are listed on that site as being done by this car)

the first race it did was in November 1972 - the presidential 250 at Daytona
    then they did Daytona 24 hr in 1973 followed by the Sebring 12 hour which IS shown correctly
    I don't know about the 1984 entry but Dennis De Franceschi did own the car at around that time so it is quite possibly correct
    your information is very precious as always ... Then I find myself in doubt. Did "the same chassis number" run despite being different cars in the first few months? With the purchase papers in hand, I understand, it would not be complicated.
    +
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...-thread/page11
    Last edited by _gonbau; 06-28-2020 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    Hi, I have continued investigating this vehicle and it has led me to investigate what I thought was a later "version". Chassis 9112301687.
    In racingsports records I have found "something strange" about this vehicle that you already know but I do not know. Is the listing okay? I note that for the same chassis you can see what I think are different vehicles distinguishable by the side oil door missing in some photos. Can anyone shed some light on this topic and the 1687 chassis?
    https://www.racingsportscars.com/cha...30%201687.html
    Name:  9112301687Cerror.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  60.9 KBName:  9112301687B.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  47.1 KB

replacement panel?
    in the first photo. What tires does it have on the front?
    In the first image, there is a window that I identify prior to 72 ... Am I correct?
    They are clearly two different cars. The top image is a 68 911, see the door handles, opening vent wing and the bottom image the 72 ST

yep....two different cars...maybe George will chime in and give the history of the SWB car. the LWB car is as folks have started calling it "The Last ST"...or as George calls it...."A race car I bought from Porsche"....<grin>..His friend brought who worked at TWA brought it into Baltimore for him.......As for paperwork...You don't need paperwork when the owner of those cars is a member of the S Registry and he can tell you the story of both cars..<grin>

¿estamos hablando de este coche?*** 1566 (¿se verificó a través de la hoja de construcción? ¿Cómo se enumeró la doble parrilla trasera en las opciones?

Name:  Image3.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  132.7 KBName:  Image2.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  130.2 KB
    Ownership History of
    1972 Porsche 911ST
    s/n: 911.230.1687
    Engine Type: 911/73
    Engine number: 662.204 (Twin plug racing engine)
    Gearbox Type: 915
    Weight: 960 kg
    The last Porsche 911 ST
    George Stone
    Bob Beasley
    George Drolson
    Bill Warner
    Chris Wilder
    Dennis DeFranceschi
    Phil Bagley
    Tom O’Callaghan
    Last edited by johns4949; 08-19-2022 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johns4949 View Post
    Name:  Image3.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  132.7 KBName:  Image2.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  130.2 KB
    Ownership History of
    1972 Porsche 911ST
    s/n: 911.230.1687
    Engine Type: 911/73
    Engine number: 662.204 (Twin plug racing engine)
    Gearbox Type: 915
    Weight: 960 kg
    The last Porsche 911 ST
    George Stone
    Bob Beasley
    George Drolson
    Bill Warner
    Chris Wilder
    Dennis DeFranceschi
    Phil Bagley
    Tom O’Callaghan
    How many of the S/Ts have moldings on the rear bumpers?

+

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    I didn't know that link! Thank you very much, I will take a look at it!
    I take advantage and ask about the 1566! Information about the?

Attachment 526590
    Going back to the thread car... Why is there little or no information on this vehicle? given the pilot to which it belonged and given the parts it has... from my point of view I think it is original but is there any design document that has been rescued where the two grids are drawn? Any build sheet? Any more information? From my ignorance, these grids would have been made to do some test? Or were they made directly for this person without any prior development? It is seen that there was another old vehicle with the same development of ideas but back then... What engine did that old vehicle have? Would that double grid be necessary? Why did this man have in his hands 1 or two double grid vehicles? In the article it is mentioned that he had someone he knew in Porsche if I remember correctly.... Where did those pieces come from?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 09-20-2022 at 04:13 AM.

Name:  Porsche-912-1966-Fastback-ams-800p.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  187.5 KB

"Im März 1966 entdeckte ein Leser von auto motor und sport vor dem Kurhaus in Wiesbaden zwei recht neue Porsche-Coupés. Das rechte der beiden scheint bis auf das "Zoll-Ei", das Ausfuhrkontrollschild, keine nennenswerten Besonderheiten aufzuweisen. Das linke jedoch trägt eine stark modifizierte Heckpartie mit bis in die Kotflügel modellierter Abrisskante zur Schau. Ebenfalls auffällig ist das zweite in die Motorhaube eingelassene Lüftungsgitter. Wer genau hinschaut, erkennt obendrein, dass dem Boxer auf der rechten Seite ein zweites Auspuffrohr gewachsen ist.

Ob es sich um einen Eigenbau eines Wiesbadener Porsche-Besitzers oder um einen strömungsoptimierten Werks-Prototypen mit einem Vorläufer des später berühmten Carrera-Bürzels handelte, blieb offen. Laut Fotograf war der Wagen "sehr sauber verarbeitet". Er hoffte, dass sich entweder das Werk oder der private Blechkünstler bald mit einer kurzen Erklärung per Leserbrief melden würden. Ein paar Wochen später klärte der hannover'sche Porsche-Generalvertreter Petermax Müller das Mysterium auf: Es handelte sich um eine Sonderanfertigung für einen Kunden."

https://www.zwischengas.com/de/blog/...n-Buerzel.html