All,

I had the MFI put back into my ’70 911E. The pump was rebuilt and the motor was setup by iSystems and put on the dyno. Unfortunately the motor sat for about a year before getting back into the car. Once in, things ran rough for a while but after getting fuel pressure fixed the motor ran well stationary. The day of the first test drive the car ran rough upon startup. I let it warm up a bit and drove it around the block. The car had no power! Couldn’t get out of first gear or over 2,000 rpms. Didn’t have enough power to get back up the driveway. Checked timing and plugs and things looked okay so we started adjusting the MFI rack. Ended up increasing the enrichment about 10 clicks. The car ran great but it started to surge at idle. I then decreased the idle enrichment about 8 clicks. Still surged. I then disconnected the shut off solenoid. No surging and the car ran great but did idle a little low, about 300 rpms. So we adjusted the idle screw and it shot up to about 1,700. Adjusted back down and would drop back down to 300 rpms. Could not get it set. I know you can go down a rabbit hole with these systems but I didn’t know if anyone had any suggestions as what I could check. The throttle bodies where not rebuilt. There might be a little play but we all felt that they were probably good at the time. Could this be the problem of not being able to set the idle?

Thanks

Chris