Thread: Early 911/912 Wood Wheel with Extended Hub

Early 911/912 Wood Wheel with Extended Hub

Really exceptional factory extended hub wood wheel. It is as perfect as can be. A very fine wheel.

$3,500 as shown and shipped in the 48.

Please contact me directly
    631 786 6511 ET
    DAhearn67@gmail.com

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don,

Hope I can bother you with an authenticity question. is the black on the wheel and the ring the same or do they differ? If so which of the two is the more glossy?

Thanks,

JK

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Don,

Hope I can bother you with an authenticity question. is the black on the wheel and the ring the same or do they differ? If so which of the two is the more glossy?

Thanks,

JK
    It doesn’t say it’s an unrestored wheel

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Joris I have an unrestored original ext hub wood wheel which is more glossy than the wheel pictured. The horn ring matches. But not a high gloss finish. Interestingly the wood on the wheel above is more blonde than all of the early wood wheels I have had and mine is the same. The laminations are thicker too. Maybe they did all the ext hub in one go??
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

@Richard, thanks for pointing that out. My tired eyes and the item being owned by Don who always has choice stuff made me think it was NOS

@Steve, thanks for the pointers. I am working on my regular non extended wood wheel right now. Sadly both the wheel and ring were quite tired but looking at the remains it appeared as tough they were not painted in the same batch. Is there a consensus out there with regard to the best paint match? I was originally going to go with Glasurit rally black but it might be a hair to flat

@Richard, thanks for pointing that out. My tired eyes and the item being owned by Don who always has choice stuff made me think it was NOS

@Steve, thanks for the pointers. I am working on my regular non extended wood wheel right now. Sadly both the wheel and ring were quite tired but looking at the remains it appeared as tough they were not painted in the same batch. Is there a consensus out there with regard to the best paint match? I was originally going to go with Glasurit rally black but it might be a hair to flat
    May be this helps you a bit, and a free bump for Rennman’s wheel.

Richard

Thanks Richard, it appears from your picture that the ring had more gloss compared to the wheel is that correct?

Thanks Richard, it appears from your picture that the ring had more gloss compared to the wheel is that correct?
    Just a bit at most? Might have to do w the metal of the wheel vs the horn ring?

BTW this wheel came w a car wi 100 numbers of yours. What is your number in your wheel?

Richard

Richard the number stamped on my wheel is 1101 hope this helps. Another bump for Dons wheel

Sorry I have not checked this thread. This wheel was restored. The black is as close as Bruce can get it. The sheen can be adjusted with a bit of polish. Thanks.