Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are 14" Fuchs part of MY70 911T Comfort Package?

Are 14" Fuchs part of MY70 911T Comfort Package?

I read a bunch of threads on this site and on the bird, and I cannot find agreement on whether 14" Fuchs are part of a MY70 Comfort package. There seems to be a lot of confusion about this. I've seen several MY70 window stickers that list the Comfort Package option and the price seems to low to include wheels. My CoA lists the "Comfort Package" option, and no other options are listed for wheels. I'm trying to determine if I should have painted steel wheel or 14" Fuchs.

Can any original owners chime in and report if their MY70 911T with a Comfort Package came with painted steel wheels or Fuchs?

Thanks,
    Dennis
    Last edited by denniso; 07-02-2020 at 05:36 AM.

According to my information they were only part of the 1969 package, but not included in later years.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Hi Dave,

I hope all is well with you. Thanks for the reply.

Your info seems to make sense, based on the info I've seen. I'm hoping some original owners can confirm your info.

Stay Safe.

-Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by denniso View Post
    My CoA lists the "Comfort Package" option, and other no options are listed for wheels.
    Bear in mind that the term "Comfort Package" that the CoA always uses these days for option 470 is a misnomer for most years. For '69 model year, there was a Comfort Package that apparently included the 14" Fuchs. I don't know for sure about 1970, but for '71-73 option 470 was referred to as "Appearance Group" in all the documents I've seen, and did not include any wheels. It was all the S-trim and gauges, and in some years a leather steering wheel. My '72 for example, came with both 470 Appearance Group and 400 15" forged wheels (Fuchs).

For MY71 the 14" Fuchs were shown as a standalone option (#975). They were not offered in MY72.

If I had to guess, since MY70 and 71 cars were essentially unchanged, I'd say it is likely that the Appearance Group for MY70 did not include any wheel options. So if there are none listed on your CoA you probably want painted steel.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

At the Porsche Parade several years ago ( French Lick)...I was able to present my Vin # to the factory representatives and they would on line review the database for your car. Mine was a 71T sunroof coupe (12/70 production)
    They read the listed option codes and associated descriptions.

Comfort Group #470 included - velour carpet,gold Porsche & model,aluminum door sills,911S rubber on bumpers,chrome rocker panels,911S instruments,rubber on bumpers,leather wrapped steering wheel.
    Other codes as follows ..
    #400- forged aluminum wheels (6x15) with 185x70VR15 ...Fuchs
    #A01- leather interior
    #G103-Koni Shocks
    #650- electric sunroof
    #490-Antenna for radio
    #404- stabilizer front & Rear 15mm
    #568-tinted windows all around
    #C02- rest of the world

At this time they even provided the engine #and trans#, wish we still had this service .
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

thanks Guys.

Based on this, it appears for MY70 the wheels were not included in option 470.

from Christophorus June 1970

cheers
    Dennis
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

That's interesting. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 71gold View Post
    #A01- leather interior
    #G103-Koni Shocks
    #490-Antenna for radio
    #C02- rest of the world

At this time they even provided the engine #and trans#, wish we still had this service .
    Very interesting. A01, that is new to me, and very useful. Was this full or partial leather? Do you have a code for the interior?
    G103, are you sure of the G? could it be an M option? Are these the 3" Koni struts with cast iron calipers?
    M490, also interesting, is this the left manual antenna? Probably also included the loudspeaker and noise suppression as a "radio prep kit".
    C02 is generally the USA except California.

BTW, I do offer a service creating a pseudo CoA from data purchased from a source in Europe and includes all models from 1970 on. For some reason however, the transmission #'s for certain years, and all 914's are often not available.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

A01 was also listed on my COA which I did get before they stopped the engine and trans #s.
    Not sure the extent of leather.
    G was in my notes ...I have seen M used I other posts , yes Koni 3” struts and believe they were aluminum S calipers (will check on shelf)
    M490 ...yes did have left antenna , loud speaker and noise suppression on car but not in their description provided .
    CO2.....reviewed my notes , corrected to rest of USA.

Good to see you have this service have friend with 70 needing info but he has what he believes are the original engine and trans , can you verify this if numbers provided ?
    Thanks
    frank
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)