Help! For the life of me I can’t get my 69S to idle. If I close the throttle it just dies cold or warm. If I shorten the linkage to where it will idle it won’t drop the RPM’s When you shift. It will hang up for a couple of seconds at whatever RPM you were at when you let off the throttle and push the clutch in. Not good!
I have messed with all the air screws to no avail and now have them all set at 2&1/2 out. All six stacks are drawing the same 10 KG/h on my air flow meter. Primary linkage rod off of pump is set to 114mm and the accelerator rod is adjusted to coincide with the pump linkage. Nothing is physically hanging up. The throttle bodies were rebuilt about 20 or 30 thousand miles ago, the fuel injection pump and electric fuel Pump were just rebuilt. New gas tank and lines etc. engine just received new rings and valve job. Timing is set between 30-35* at 6,000 rpm’s, new plugs and dwell on points just set.
Other than that the car runs like a scalded cat and has excellent throttle response. sure wish it didn’t try to die at every stop. Well at least I’m getting better at my heal and toeing!