Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sports seats help.

Sports seats help.

I have these seats and although I know they are sports seats, with some type of tilting mechanism, I'm not sure what car they originally came from or what they are worth. I have viewed the threads on the registry and value seems to be all over the place, based on bases, hinges etc etc etc. I know nothing about seats and was hoping someone in the community would be able to assist in identifying the type and even hazard a guess at value?

Much appreciated!

Name:  IMG_2354.JPG
Views: 469
Size:  90.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_2358.JPG
Views: 401
Size:  88.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2360.JPG
Views: 409
Size:  72.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_2362.JPG
Views: 409
Size:  92.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_2355.JPG
Views: 433
Size:  111.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_2356.JPG
Views: 432
Size:  148.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_2357.JPG
Views: 427
Size:  114.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_2359.JPG
Views: 425
Size:  102.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2361.JPG
Views: 437
Size:  138.6 KB

Please let me know if other photos/angles are needed to identify and thank you for any help in figuring out what I have.

hello carrera, your seats are recaro sports seats with matching consoles for 911. the year of construction of the consoles is 10/72 to 1973. the seats are probably the same year of construction - many details indicate this. condition is restorable. at least the middle panels of the seats are no longer original. the side pads were obviously colored black. unfortunately, you don't see the whole hinges, but it has been tinkered with the seats. the adjustment lever of the driver's seat seems a little bent. the function would definitely have to be checked completely. in that state i would estimate your convulute at $ 7000 - $ 8000. regards
    Last edited by recarno; 07-07-2020 at 04:34 AM.

Recarno, thank you so much for the info. The car they came out of is a 72, so that makes perfect sense.

Nice seats! BLWS.
    1957 356A Cab Condor Yellow
    1970 911E Targa “CONDA G”
    1970 911T3.2 “Meatballs”
    1972 911T2.5 “AWBRGN”
    1972 911T Targa Glaserblau
    1976 911S Talbot Yellow

One of them looks like original Porsche 72-73 vinyl to me. Hard to tell on the second seat. Pictures are not entirely clear. Consoles are clearly “73 MY double lockers”. My original 72 sports had the bracket for the second lock but, not the linkage hardware.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Thanks for the info 70SATMan. Very helpful.
    From the messages I have received, it appears that there is clearly a market for the seats, which means I now have to come up with an asking price. Consensus between the 3 opinions/offers so far is between $8k and $9k. Gonna wait until tomorrow before reaching back out to folks with a set price (in the order that people messaged me).
    Gotta say that to have access to so much knowledge has made this easy and fun. Am I allowed to use this method of seeking info before pricing for the other items I have to offer or is that against forum rules?
    Thanks!

Yes they look like 73 sport seats to me as well. Here are mine in pristine condition for comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    70 914-6 #2615 (Metallic Green) - SOLD
    74 US Carrera Coupe #63 (Lime Green)
    73 911 T Coupe #1891 (Gemini Blue)

Wow, they look amazing. I also have the autoflug seatbelts that were with the seats (retractable type) and they actually attach to the side of the seat. Not sure if these were stock or added after...

Your seats are MY73 US only sports seats in cinnamon/tan/beige that are dyed to black.
    The covers have the correct 72/73 grain

Thanks Dirk!