Thread: Swap door handle sides?

Swap door handle sides?

I have 2x 1969 door handles both for the same side, is it possible to flip the barrel in them 180 degrees in order to have a pair?

Thanks

Neil

The release lever arms are different L vs R
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

The handles are the same. The only difference is the lever. You need one marked “r” and one marked “L”.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    The handles are the same. The only difference is the lever. You need one marked “r” and one marked “L”.

Jim
    I've looked at three sets and can't see any "L" or "R". Where should I be looking?

The end arm that is held on with a screw. that's the piece that you would have to have a right or left piece ... just the arms are right or left . just like the ones on your body if you removed them and tried to put your right arm on the left side of your body .... no Bueno amigo...
    I looked at my 1968 handles and thy do not have L or R. Another one of those 1968 quirks
    Last edited by bob joyce; 09-28-2020 at 08:25 PM.

1970 and later handles are marked left and right but the 69‘s are not marked.
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    I've looked at three sets and can't see any "L" or "R". Where should I be looking?
    John

Sorry, my bad.

All the handles since 1970 have marked levers. Not having a 68 or 69 handle handy I assumed that they were marked as well. That's what I get for assuming. I usually don't to that.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    John

Sorry, my bad.

All the handles since 1970 have marked levers. Not having a 68 or 69 handle handy I assumed that they were marked as well. That's what I get for assuming. I usually don't to that.

Jim
    Let's see, Jim...

That makes 99,999 times you were correct and 1 time you were incorrect (roughly).

You'll never catch up to my wrong answer record at that rate!