Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NOS set of door pockets

911ers,

Let's face it, the original door pockets were...well...OK..not that well made. As in? they fell apart over time and use. I'm not really familiar with the new ones but they sound MUCH better. If you're an originality freak and your car has all original parts, sure, buy the OEM ones and you can brag about them. For most folks, the new ones sound good to me. Thanks.

-Allen-

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    '. . . These units will not warp like the original cardboard pockets . . .'

OK, cardboard. Thanks for the clarification.

Sheesh. Glad that all my cars are earlier and don't need these things. As to cardboard originality? Don't have a later car but repop seems an easy choice. How many will know the difference or care?

BTW, the OP is kornflake krazy. Good luck with that sale, Cletus.... errr, John.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Don't have a later car but repop seems an easy choice. How many will know the difference or care?
    More than you might think, my friend, more than you might think...

Is this price cray-cray? Maybe, to some or most people, but for someone they won't care what it costs, to do it right, or do it perfect. With parts, there is NOS, and there is everything else. Some get it, some don't.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Beautiful wheels...

. . . BTW, the OP is kornflake krazy. Good luck with that sale, Cletus.... errr, John . . .

. . . alekzandr

Those wheels look amazing and even without knowing their price would say money well spent.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

BTW, the OP is kornflake krazy. Good luck with that sale, Cletus.... errr, John.
    It is a matter of opinion and will undoubtedly lead to heated debate but I agree wholeheartedly.
    There is making a profit while taking part in a shared passion in a way that most can sustain, and then there is...
    I vote with my (empty) wallet.

A 1973S purchased used in 1984 (the same time as these door pockets were made) was probably 3 or 4 grand. In pristine shape (like these door pockets) it is now worth about 240 grand. We call that an investment with an 80 fold return.

$600 door pockets that are being sold for $8000 we call highway robbery and that's only a thirteen fold increase in pricing.

What's the difference? Well, you can actually get $240k for a S in perfect shape. The door pockets? Not so much.

It's an interesting market study. The cars have gone up 10 to 100 fold. What do we expect pristine parts to go up by?

Just an observer...
    Last edited by NorthernThrux; 09-18-2020 at 06:23 AM.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK