Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NOS set of door pockets

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Those wheels look amazing and even without knowing their price would say money well spent.
    They came from the Jones buyout we did a few years back. It was a long drive back from TX to NY and the truck was heavy.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (119.7 KB, 709 views)
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Not sure if this is the new John Small bashing thread but I did remark ouch that's gotta smart when Insaw the price he posted on the door pockets WOW, what a nerve!
    I met him at Hershey years ago ,a few months after a few late night long discussions on parts price and Inthink I was considering either buying or no he was offering to buy an early S I think it was a basket '69 S after much discussion he disappeared no interest but a guy from the UK popped up said John recommended he talk to me and bam the guy bought two cars sight un seen and had them shipped across the pond!
    He's a tough nut to crack that's no bull shit but aren't we all haha, Bert

I’ve met him, we had beers together, nice guy when not doing a deal. He has been around lurking since the internet started so he is here now watching I am sure - banned or not. He lurks from the shadows constantly as he know what we are all up to. Kept asking me questions like why he has 95 Porsches, what should he do with them? Then kept trying to get me to come out to his place in Sheridan and buy a bunch of cars or parts. Little did he know, he already burned about a dozen people I know, the stories are amazing so I knew never to buy from him and don’t ever get tricked into wanting something he had.

It’s hoarders syndrome. It is for sale until you want it. Like the old man on a country road that puts his classic car out for sale at a good price, continuously talks with passers by because he is lonely, but as soon as you make an offer the insanity activates and the price goes up or it is not for sale.

I also noticed on every single car he has had if it has a rare part then he removes it and sells the part separately. I have seen pictures of his parts room and it’s full of all the usable good stuff that should come on the cars. Any 911S he has had you can be damn sure it has no oil cooler system, no aluminum deck lid, no sports seats, no MFI, no Fuchs, no good body panels (he will swap the good for fiberglass). Why bother with him. Doesn’t this article explain it all from 2010....

https://jalopnik.com/huge-porsche-co...er-sel-5614985

Being new to the Porsche scene (however several restorations of other makes), forgive me for my incredible negligence but posts like this are very fun to read. In buying a set of door pockets and say....a tool kit and all four original Bosch euro signals for my 1968....I can store paper, turn and change a flat for (drum roll):

$25,000.00 USD

8k pockets (Here)
    7k tools https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Porsch...97.m4902.l9144
    10K turn signals https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-NOS-...97.m4902.l9144 and https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-NOS-...97.m4902.l9144

While INCREDIBLY awesome and NOS, the perspective and overall cost of restorations explain the aforementioned 250K 73S. I don't regret buying a 68L, only wasting money on other crap, and not 25 grand in accessories. Sorry honey, Bosch is the new Cartier. Its my turn.

Good luck with the sale.

The irony is the repros are much harder wearing and usable than the original which are famed for falling apart, especially if they get damp!! ThatÂ’s why theyÂ’re so rare! Not so long ago you could get the whole car for 8k!!!

I bought a set of Solex carburetors from him once , without too much trouble , so I guess it is possible .

Based on the pictures I assume this early 911 is also his: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133634124199
    Does anyone know more about the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-911E 1969 View Post
    Based on the pictures I assume this early 911 is also his: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133634124199
    Does anyone know more about the car?
    I'd be careful. This is one of many EBay IDs that I know of that is either John or John's "partners". He's had so many EBay accounts shut down, that I've lost count. Back when you could actually dig into sellers/users bidding profiles etc, it was painfully obvious that his auctions had a fair amount of shill bidding going on between either multiple accounts or through friends' accounts. Plus, he would jack people around on auctions that were won but, then his hoarding personality kicked in.

He has burnt himself and has been banned multiple times on this board, Pelican and Samba, etc over the years. I've got years of "friendly" PMs from this guy. Like many others, I tried to honestly deal with him for some parts, these door pockets included. This is going back more than 10-15 years.

Maybe he's honestly going to sell this one but, who knows...
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

He now has a 1964 911 on eBay. I'll not post a link. Maybe it is already covered in the Car Sales section of this site. My guess is one way or the other, he'll still have this car after its auction closes. Thanks.

-Allen-