Thread: FS: 1972 Porsche 911T Hot Rod Light Yellow

FS: Updated! 1972 Porsche 911T Hot Rod Light Yellow

1972 Porsche 911T Coupe “Hot Rod”
    VIN 911210XXXX
    Color: Light Yellow 117
    Interior: Black

A very traditional early 911 hot rod that accentuates the handling and the power of a properly built air cooled motor. No accidents or rust. Professionally built. Ready to be enjoyed and an excellent car for vintage tours such as the Texas Hill Country, Targa Carolina, and R Gruppe.

IMG_5939.jpg

IMG_5969.jpg

In 1992, the owner, an engineer at Hutchinson Island nuclear power plant, had IMSA racer and shop owner Rusty Bond build a 2.7 liter twin plug motor using a 7R case and start the process of turning this 1972 911T Coupe into an RS style hot rod. The owner also had a short ratio gearbox was installed with custom gearing. About 9 years later, Greg Michaelian of Michaelian Restorations did all of the body work and paint. The car was in excellent condition, little to no rust and received a bare metal glass out re-spray in the original color of Light Yellow (117). Steel RS flares were installed along with fiberglass rear bumper, carbon front fenders, carbon front decklid, and fiberglass ducktail. The engineer kept the car until 2018 using it sparingly over a 10 plus year period. The engineer had one mechanic maintain the car during his ownership. Before selling the car he had a new Fuel Safe fuel bladder installed, a major service performed, and a new starter installed. The next owner, an enthusiast/collector, had the exterior trim anodized, installed a new carpet kit, refinished the Fuchs, and installed new tires. I purchased the car from him along with a 1968 BMW 2002

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5981.jpg

Under my ownership, I added vintage style sport seats finished with vinyl bolsters and wool tartan inserts, a factory style roll bar, some other interior issues were addressed, added a front oil cooler, and most importantly had the motor rebuilt.

Klub Sport Racing in Riviera Beach, Florida did the work on the engine. The motor was torn down and the case split. Crank, rods, and pistons were inspected and measured for tolerance. All new bearings, head work, and much more. A detailed invoice is available. The Weber carbs were rebuilt and hardware was sent out for plating. The headers were ceramic coated and the engine tin was stripped and powder coated. The fan shroud was stripped and repainted along with the fan and housing. The crank fire ignition that had been installed in 1992 was removed and a twin plug distributor built by JB Racing in Tavares, Florida was purchased and installed. Additional ignition work included custom plug wires, RSR hold downs, twin coils and MSD box. The tachometer was sent out to Palo Alto to repair and modify so it would work with the MSD box.

A front oil cooler was installed in the right front fender along with Elephant Racing plumbing kit which includes the finned oil lines. While at Klub Sport, the suspension and brakes were inspected and all given a clean bill of health. The motor has less than 500 miles on it since the rebuild which was completed January 14, 2021.

[SIZE=5]Needless to say, this 911 Hot Rod needs nothing. It is quick, handles extremely well, makes all the right mechanical sounds that an early 911 should. This is the perfect 911 for air cooled tours, track days or the occasional vintage race outing. It will be welcome at most events. I will send a DropBox with additional pictures and a video to serious inquiries.

Inspections are encouraged. Bruce at Klub Sport will gladly give details on the motor and the rest of the car.

Asking $150,000 or reasonable offers. I will personally deliver within 500 miles of Jupiter, Florida.
    Send e mail to keith@ennismotorsports.com

More details below:

- Long term ownership from 1992 until 2018
    - Excellent records from 1992 to present
    - Originally built to 2.7 Carrera RS specs by Rusty Bond, Jensen Beach, Florida (1992)
    - 2.7 Twin Plug re-built by Klub Sport Racing, in Riviera Beach, Florida (2020)
    - Weber 40 IDA carbs
    - Elgin modified “S” cams
    - Custom short ratio 915 gearbox (special rations 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th)
    - New high torque starter
    - Brake fluid flush and bleed
    - “S”alloy front brake calipers
    - Paint and body work performed by Michaelian Restorations in Stuart, Florida
    - Original color of Light Yellow (117) in Glausrit
    - Real RS flares (steel)
    - Steel “S” bumper
    - RS light weight rear bumper (fiberglass)
    - Carbon Fiber front fenders and front decklid
    - Two rear decklids
    o Traditional RS Duck Tail (fiberglass)
    o Standard rear deck lid (steel) with gold lettering
    - 15x7 front and 15x8 rear Fuchs in an RSR finish
    - Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires
    - Exterior anodized trim refinished
    - Torino sport seats
    o Tartan wool inserts
    o Adjustable backs
    - Light weight carpet kit
    - RS door panels
    - S tachometer (Modified to work with MSD)
    - Wevo shifter
    - Recent bladder in Fuel Safe fuel cell
    - Stainless two in two out Dansk muffler
    - No damage or rust
    - Full size spare with new tire
    - New three point reel style seat belts

Asking $150,000 or reasonable offers. Additional pictures available. Please e mail for additional info keith at ennis motorsports dot com
    Last edited by ennisk1; 03-02-2021 at 06:38 AM.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Maybe you are like me and prefer the hips with a smooth tail.

Very nicely executed 911 hot rod that is sorted and fast.

Photo Jul 12, 11 42 27 AM.jpg
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Update...video and price

Asking $150,000 and here is a short video...

https://vimeo.com/440805092
    Last edited by ennisk1; 03-02-2021 at 06:24 AM.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

I have updated the listing for my 1972 911 Hot Rod. Ready to start my next project so I am open to reasonable offers. Car is finished and ready to enjoy. Below is a recent video (newer then the one previously listed) that shows a walk around and cold start as well as driving. Klub Sport built the motor and Bruce or Phil will be happy to answer any questions.

Link to video:

https://youtu.be/OOY-hzl0t4s
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

For those that have messaged. The value is vinyl and easily removed or changed.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

SOLD! Staying local and going to an enthusiastic new owner.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Congrats!!
    to both you and the new owner.

Charlie

Yes, Congrats to both parties!
    I was lusting this car, but it is beyond what I can afford at this time.
    I hope to own a 72 at some point

George
    1948 Panhead (a collection of cool period parts)
    1957 Beetle (Canadian standard) SOLD
    1966 912 ('71 2.2E waiting to be installed)
    1984 Carrera

Early S Registry # 2542

https://www.instagram.com/pegleggeorge/