Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: for '71 911T - rear tail light lenses & driver sport seat

WTB: for '71 911T - rear tail light lenses & driver sport seat

Hi all, I likely will be posting a bunch more in terms of needs for the '71 911T targa that I am restoring, but for now, I need a driver and passenger rear tail light lens; and while I am posting I figured I'd see if anyone has a reasonable period correct driver's sport seat (or a pair if the price isn't insane).

Tail light lenses need not be perfect (the car is perfectly well worn so I don't mind driving the snot out of it); American style.

Sport seat would be something that is nice, but doesn't need to be concours or recently restored. Just period correct - the comfort seats that came with the car need to be sent away to be rebuilt (or I need to rebuild them) and in the interim, I want a sport seat for general driving.

Best to reach me at jovalle at mac dot com as I may still be too new a member for PMs.

Many thanks.

My advice if your car was originally supplied with the comfort seats then I would opt for the reproduction sport seats that Stefan make at GTS Classic Seats: https://classiccarseats.com/sports-seats.php
    I was in the same predicament as you and I sent my comfort seats out to be rebuilt but really enjoy the comfort of these sport seats, they are very well made. Comfort seats are on the self for now!

IMG_6408 (960x1280).jpg
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Thanks Mike, the seats look great. I will reach out. I should also post the 380mm steering wheel I purchased from you which is fantastic.

IMG_3715.jpg

Bonus points to anyone that can identify the oldest thing in the photo (and Mike's wheel is a close second).

Tough to beat original and not to be compared, but repro sport seats are great value! Though I have not tried GTS, they have a very solid reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    My advice if your car was originally supplied with the comfort seats then I would opt for the reproduction sport seats that Stefan make at GTS Classic Seats: https://classiccarseats.com/sports-seats.php
    I was in the same predicament as you and I sent my comfort seats out to be rebuilt but really enjoy the comfort of these sport seats, they are very well made. Comfort seats are on the self for now!

IMG_6408 (960x1280).jpg
    1957 356A Cab Condor Yellow
    1970 911E Targa “CONDA G”
    1970 911T3.2 “Meatballs”
    1972 911T2.5 “AWBRGN”
    1972 911T Targa Glaserblau
    1976 911S Talbot Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cruisingnkali View Post
    Tough to beat original and not to be compared, but repro sport seats are great value! Though I have not tried GTS, they have a very solid reputation.
    +1 for Stefan at GTS. He did a set of sports seats for my 912/6 project and I couldn't be happier. Good guy, too.

Have a nice set of 69-72 US chrom trimmed lenses. It´s 275€

Thank you, I have to leave the nice sets to folks with decent paint. I was looking more for the "driver quality" lenses that pop up occasionally.

Have also driver quality ones, but shipping will be the killer.

My point was if your car came with comfort seats no need to spend $10k on real sports seats since they aren't original to the car. Go ahead and redo the comfort seats then just put them on the self and send them along with the car if sold. I have driven my car with Stefan's seats to several Parade's and was very comfortable!
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

I sent you an email, but I have an almost new gts classic drivers sport seat with perforated leather I would sell for $1,100 plus shipping. Includes seat slider.