Thread: rear fog lamp wire

rear fog lamp wire

I've installed the front fogs and have them functional. I can find the rear fog power under the bumper but cannot locate it forward to make a connection. I know it is a white /green but My schematic is missing some info and hopeful that someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help. Mike

What year is your car?

Car is a 72 T. I am using the low beam as signal voltage for the aftermarket relay.

Look for it here. This is a '73S. It has a connector on it, out of the frame on this photo, but wanted to try to show the harness where the wire comes out of.

Name:  Rear fog wire.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  97.6 KB
    Dave Reu
    Member #3949
    1973 Silver Metallic 911S

Michael, have you checked if there is any power emulating from the wire of the 'Rear Bumper' ?
    Mark

Thanks Dave. Mark...there is no power in the wire at the bumper.. When I get back to the shop I should be able to locate it under the dash.

Dave.... the other wire coming out of the harness? Is that white/green and connected to the factory fog light switch?

Michael,

The wire you reference I believe is black/white. However that is going to the rear window heater switch. On a '73 the fog switch is in the middle, and has been removed in this photo. Take a quick look at this thread https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...g-Light-Switch

Name:  Rear fog wire.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  97.6 KB

In your case if the front fogs are already working, and you have a dual switch (pull for front / turn for rear) all you should have to do is find and connect the green/white wire as shown here.

Name:  Fog light diagram.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  68.4 KB
    Dave Reu
    Member #3949
    1973 Silver Metallic 911S

Gotcha...I have read that thread previously......still looking for the white green . It may have been buried in tape by PO