Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lakewell Customer service

Lakewell Customer service

Hello,
    Has anybody had positive results from Lakewell when an order received has gone slightly wrong?
    I have sent two emails asking for some help over the last two days with no reply.
    Are they open for business there is no mention of closure or holiday break on their website?
    Thanks,
    Sean.
    S Registry#2021

It's been discussed before. They're certainly not providing an Amazon-level of customer service. I've done lots of business with them and had one or two issues that they did resolve to my satisfaction - it just took some time. Be patient and I'm sure you'll hear back soon enough.

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Well, I ordered one thing and another thing get delivered (same item, wrong year - sunvisors), sent an email, they responded within 48 hours with instructions on return - asked if refund or exchanged. Got the exchange once I returned the wrong one - free delivery.

in one word : smooth.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier PJB View Post
    Well, I ordered one thing and another thing get delivered (same item, wrong year - sunvisors), sent an email, they responded within 48 hours with instructions on return - asked if refund or exchanged. Got the exchange once I returned the wrong one - free delivery.

in one word : smooth.
    Please note that July 21st is the Belgian National Day. Typically a holiday period.
    You can trust Wouter. He will solve it.

Ok,
    Thanks for the replies, gives me some confidence.
    I've sent another email off just now, will wait and see.
    S Registry#2021

Following up on Wouter/Lakewell.
    After weeks of back and forth emails.
    Best they will offer for their mistake is 20% off a replacement set of front floormats. (about $400 Aud del).
    I ordered a carpet kit for my 72e rhd almost 3 years ago to the day that the problem presented itself. When these arrived I opened the box looked into the top saw the colour was correct closed and stored away.
    Three years down the resto track time to install and found that the front mats were wrong.
    Wouter tells me there is "no guarantee" and I now find there is a 14 day return policy in the small print.
    I was happy to accept 50% discount as I conceed it's 3 yrs later but no they don't want to own the problem. It's sad really as I am a return customer and was looking to spend more money with them on door pockets but after seeing how they deal with this issue canned that idea.
    I've given up on them and look forward to showing people their quality work in the front of my car.
    Anyway car is coming along.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    S Registry#2021

I'm very sorry this happened to you...

That said, as someone who make their living in ecommerce, if one of my customers came back to me after 3 years and told me their order was incorrect, I'd also point to our written policies and decline to accept a return or provide any accommodation. As a reseller of other's products (which Lakewell is) the reason you have those policies is because after a certain amount of time you're unable to go back to your suppliers for any mistakes that they may have made.

I don't think Wouter is acting inappropriately or any differently than most online retailers would. Try to go back to Amazon after three years and see how far you get.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    I'm very sorry this happened to you...

That said, as someone who make their living in ecommerce, if one of my customers came back to me after 3 years and told me their order was incorrect, I'd also point to our written policies and decline to accept a return or provide any accommodation. As a reseller of other's products (which Lakewell is) the reason you have those policies is because after a certain amount of time you're unable to go back to your suppliers for any mistakes that they may have made.

I don't think Wouter is acting inappropriately or any differently than most online retailers would. Try to go back to Amazon after three years and see how far you get.
    Previous businesses I have owned had to offer lifetime guarantee, we would an did back our product and own the problem if it was legit claim.
    Bottom line is the mats are new in box and wrong and I was willing to take a 50% discount to make it work.
    S Registry#2021

Quote Originally Posted by mrar View Post
    Previous businesses I have owned had to offer lifetime guarantee.
    Well, that's very nice of you, but certainly not the norm. Nor should it be expected.

mrar, I’m sorry too you are having these problems, but I agree w/ JP. 3 years is entirely different than say, 3 months. Our interior, also from Lakewell, is being installed next week in our Golden Green 69E Targa. I’ve had it “on the shelf” for 6 years! I hope it’s all good. If not, my problem, not theirs. Fortunately I ordered their dash offered at the time and it fit/looks great. I’m in brick & mortar retail and our “return policy” is only 7 days, and for exchange only. BTW, love the color of your car!
    Reg#2218