Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Correct LWB Black Rear View Mirror Adhesive Pads - $24.61 or $.35 - You Choose

Correct LWB Black Rear View Mirror Adhesive Pads - $24.61 or $.35 - You Choose

From time to time there has been conversation about the correct adhesive pads that were used to mount the rear view mirrors for LWB (and later) cars. The correct color of these pads is black while most vendors only carry pads that are grey and stick out like a sore thumb once mounted.

Sierra Madre is the exception and sells a correct black pad for $24.61.

https://sierramadrecollection.com/Re...77-p24034.html

I've bought several and finally got tired of paying that price (plus, the SM pads aren't perfectly cut which is a annoying) so I embarked on a mission to find the material they were using to make their pads. Turns out, you can buy five 100cm x 100cm sheets of the exact same material on AliExpress for $6.90 shipped.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3285...61294c4dxgcQpZ

Each sheet will make 4 mirror pads so 5 sheets is enough for 20 pads. Your net cost? $.35 each.

Even better, anyone in need can shoot me a PM with their address and I'll send you a 1/4 sheet of the material for free so you can make your own pad.

I have mailed these out to everyone who requested. Should have all arrived by now. If I missed anyone, let me know.

Thanks JP! How many did SM order?
    Reg#2218

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2mny View Post
    Thanks JP! How many did SM order?

I've mailed the latest requests out today and they should arrive by the end of next week. As before, if I missed anyone, please let me know.
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 09-05-2020 at 02:14 PM.

Very generous of you John.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Planck View Post
    Very generous of you John.
    Happy to help my fellow MEMBERS!

JP
    Great gesture .......I would like pad as well.
    Also if you have a rear view mirror for my 71 , let me know
    Thanks
    Frank

Sent PM
    Last edited by 71gold; 09-06-2020 at 10:16 AM.
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

JP,
    Very nice of you. PM sent.

I've sent a PM
    Thanks

Give me a couple days to get these out, boys. But I have you covered.

Remember, when installing these black adhesive pads, you want to cut to fit first, then apply the pad to the windshield taking care to press out and eliminate any air bubbles trapped between the pad and the windshield, THEN attach the mirror base to the black pad already attached to the windshield. If you attach the black pad to the mirror base first, and then apply to the windshield, I can promise you you'll get unsightly air bubbles.