Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 911r 2.0 tribute

911r 2.0 tribute

Maybe this has been discussed already but I cannot find any reference. I've come across s/n 11835278, a replica R in Gulf livery and with a 2.0, currently with e. collectables. Before I schedule a costly trip to view it, if anybody knows this car and wants to share I'd be very interested. I'm sure it is well known in SoCal.

I have seen the car and inspected it two weeks ago, contact me if you need any feedback

Tribute? A tribute to what?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Richardnew View Post
    Tribute? A tribute to what?

Richard
    The car isn't to bad but everything has a price !! It need an engine to match and some work on the suspension to be a real tribute.

I disagree. That would make it a replica or a clone. Tribute can be as close to or far from the real thing as the builder wants. I consider my car to be an RS tribute, but certainly not a replica or clone.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

I work at European Collectibles and this car baffles me. It is super light and has a really cool look to it. Nicely finished off body work and paint (fiberglass panels are as good as I have ever seen). Great sounds come from what seems to be a pretty stock motor (No documentation) and it runs great (thanks to Tony and Marco at TLG). You could not build it for the price we are asking. Total blast to drive, too! It needs some small details to be be really tight, but it is a bargain SWB lightweight R-Gruppe style car.

Call (949-697-4499) or write (Jeff@europeancollectibles.com) I'll tell you all I know about it.
    Last edited by Jeff Trask; 11-25-2010 at 04:46 AM.
    Various Porsche's

Quote Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
    I disagree. That would make it a replica or a clone. Tribute can be as close to or far from the real thing as the builder wants. I consider my car to be an RS tribute, but certainly not a replica or clone.
    Not a recreation either. Think it may be a hot rod ?
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Not a recreation either. Think it may be a hot rod ?
    Forgot about those. Yeah, mine is certainly no recreation. It is up to others to decide whether it is hot enough for "hot rod".
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Quote Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
    Forgot about those. Yeah, mine is certainly no recreation. It is up to others to decide whether it is hot enough for "hot rod".
    I hear ya Max. Waiting for turkey to cook and bored thought I would dig up some new descriptions maybe something new will catch at say Barrett Jackson in 2011. adulation, dupe, carbon copy, ditto, look alike, mimeo, plagirization, compliment, reduplication, chip off the block, reflection, imitation, twin, homage, memorial, salutation, accolade. I personally like chip off the old block but don't think that will catch.
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    I hear ya Max. Waiting for turkey to cook and bored thought I would dig up some new descriptions maybe something new will catch at say Barrett Jackson in 2011. adulation, dupe, carbon copy, ditto, look alike, mimeo, plagirization, compliment, reduplication, chip off the block, reflection, imitation, twin, homage, memorial, salutation, accolade. I personally like chip off the old block but don't think that will catch.
    And that was just the auctioneers!!