Thread: '71 basketweave door trim panel

'71 basketweave door trim panel

Checking to see if anyone has a basketweave leatherette door trim panel set. I'm swapping out the alpine head unit for original, so I don't need the hideous tweeters that were carved into my otherwise quite nice original door panels. If anyone has a matching set in reasonably good condition, please PM me (which works now!). For '71 targa. If anyone has strong views on the best repo basketweave that I could use to do it myself, those views appreciated too (though I have searched the archives and seen some views). Thanks.
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

Check with this guy over on Pelican, I bought some and it matched original finish and sheen.
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ate-brown.html
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

thanks Mike, at this rate, I should just email you with my every question given you've been down the road before with a similar car. I certainly appreciate it.
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

I have these. PM me if interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

Figured I'd close out the thread with an update. tom1394racing sold me some beauties, which was great because the drive between me (NW CT) and him (Central CT) is about as good a drive as you can enjoy in an early 911. My foot gets very heavy on those northern stretches of route 8.

I also have to thank the folks at automobile associates for recommending the little webbing loop for closing the door. The pockets are off getting refurbished, the white is the exposed vapor barrier (which used to be a garbage bag, the Porsche pre-sticky vapor barriers are the perfect combo of sticky and stretchy - I highly encourage using them for $40/piece rather than trying to cut your own from plastic).

IMG_3934.jpg
    Last edited by RickWhite; 07-29-2020 at 02:25 PM. Reason: photo not uploaded
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"