Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: Pair of sun visors for a 1968 car

Jim B., et al., I am not an authority, and you guys are; however, I have a few reasons to think this to be true. Not proven, just my belief.

- My car was made in July '67 before they closed for summer or stopped producing the '67 cars (VIN -002)
    - While the car is not original paint, etc... all the scratched glass and much of the trim which is tatty is still there and appears original.
    - The rear view mirror in the car is beaten to hell, but is a '67 mirror, and the visors appear to be also '67 in similar condition.

I came close to buying '68 visors as my passenger visor has a hole as you may be able to see, only to discover "wait mine are different." I can't find the thread, but someone here with an early 68S had the same rear view mirror, and visors.

Thanks,

Scott

2023.jpg
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Thanks for that link Eric. I hadn't seen that thread.

Best,

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...nvisors-please

Post #9

Don Ahearn (and others) has noted some very early 68S cars with the 67S rocker trim in the past. I believe also the window winders in some of the earliest 68's were the 67 variety, as well as the rear view mirror as noted.
    The Aus Del 68s I have has the above.
    #137 built 22 August 1967.
    S Registry#2021

All,
    Having started this thread I apologise for responding late.

My car is a US 1968 model and definitely has white/black sunvisors with white pivots at each corner.

Ideally I'm looking for a new set of sunvisors as my pivots are cracked.

Richard

Hi Richard,
    I have a passager side Nos if you need.
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...D)-67-68-70-73

Cheers
    Bruno

I have a set with black pivots from a Karmann coupe. Driver side has a fracture on the seam. In the right hands could be nicely concealed. The passenger side with mirror is virtually perfect!?......
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.