Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SKI ROUNDTOP VINTAGE AIRCOOLED SWAP - Lewisberry, PA

I'll be there, but honestly, the event host does a miserable job in promoting/advertising this event which seems to be on a somewhat significant decline. For example, HE does not promote it on this forum or PELICAN, and no amount of internet research I did results in any mention of this year's event or date.

Missed this today, too busy getting the 70 911T ready for Bergrennen and Targa Carolina this month.

I skipped it for the first time in probably 10 years, decided to have some friends over for coffee and bagels at the shop. Perfect weather!

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Adam - certainly you had more cars and friends at your place than Ski Roundtop. Pitiful, but the drive up and back home in a PCAR was the real treat.

Was small gathering but great people and beautiful driveName:  8A001794-9B76-435C-9CD4-BD305C6A35B6.jpeg
Views: 273
Size:  102.2 KB

It was a beautiful day. The turnout was small however the parts offered were at least very good and it was great to see some long time members of the community. I was able to find a bunch of parts that I needed. I think the small attendance encouraged sellers to be extra kind. This is a terrific venue at a good time of year. I just wish Steve would promote the event for a better turnout. Maybe there is someone here who can help him or take the reins. I would hate to see this event disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennman View Post
    It was a beautiful day. The turnout was small however the parts offered were at least very good and it was great to see some long time members of the community. I was able to find a bunch of parts that I needed. I think the small attendance encouraged sellers to be extra kind. This is a terrific venue at a good time of year. I just wish Steve would promote the event for a better turnout. Maybe there is someone here who can help him or take the reins. I would hate to see this event disappear.
    Steve doesn't seem very interested in promoting the event. I worked with the previous owner Mike Moody and through my marketing the event tripled in size, we were running out of room and putting people on the grass. It had turned into a great event. For a few years there you had no idea what was going to show up at Roundtop. I hope we can get back there.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

It was small this year again, definitely need to get the word out more - I still met a few people there, including Eric Wills who rebuilt by 901 transmission this winter (Wills Werks). A few people had some good stuff to sell, including a fellow from NJ with lots of 72 parts (did not help for my 66 912, but hey) - took my 10 year old, who scored a few plastic models to build with Dad. A few cars showed up, it was a nice sunny morning. I still managed to buy a few bits that I did not need

Name:  8DA9302C-203A-45B1-9060-776497B23F22.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  167.2 KB
    Name:  50A96BCD-3B59-4628-8AC8-9EE059B35786.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  205.4 KBName:  294BE313-9A50-4DD2-974B-78CF4639E96A.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  131.1 KBName:  17898CBE-E008-4763-81BC-8E1C7769E515.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  137.7 KB

I was undecided on making the 2 1/2 hour trip from Altoona, PA to the swap meet this year. But in the end, I did, and I'm really happy that I did! I bought a set of LWB front turn housings, original wood floorboards and a fuel system vent tank from Charles (his trailer is ion the last picture) and also scored a bunch of interior parts from Gaspare from GasWerks Garage in NJ. I honestly was about ready to give up and buy new turn housings after looking for 2+ years for a set that wasn't totally rotted out and the same goes for the really nice set of LWB door pockets, smooth door cards and a set of non swelled/humped arm rests. These were the final few parts I needed to complete my interior! Both sellers were very fair on their pricing. As was mentioned above, maybe the smaller crowd helped pricing, but either way, I'm glad I made the drive!
    ESR member 4002
    1971 911T project
    1999 Boxster
    2001 Porsche 996 Cabriolet 4

Quote Originally Posted by Grilleguy View Post
    I was undecided on making the 2 1/2 hour trip from Altoona, PA to the swap meet this year. But in the end, I did, and I'm really happy that I did! I bought a set of LWB front turn housings, original wood floorboards and a fuel system vent tank from Charles (his trailer is ion the last picture) and also scored a bunch of interior parts from Gaspare from GasWerks Garage in NJ. I honestly was about ready to give up and buy new turn housings after looking for 2+ years for a set that wasn't totally rotted out and the same goes for the really nice set of LWB door pockets, smooth door cards and a set of non swelled/humped arm rests. These were the final few parts I needed to complete my interior! Both sellers were very fair on their pricing. As was mentioned above, maybe the smaller crowd helped pricing, but either way, I'm glad I made the drive!
    Wow that’s a great haul!