Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hand Brake Cable Strap

Gotcha. I was actually needing the e-brake cable, note the clutch. But now that you mention clutch, I don't have a cable strap on that either.

Good deal...I see that your OP did indeed say brake cable...good luck!

The heater valve cable should go through the strap also .

The straps are there on all the cars it seems, but on my '73, the one that holds the cables we are talking about is screwed into the mounting for the trailing arm, like so, not the transmission as mentioned earlier. But that could have been a '73 change. Just wanted to insert another reference point in case you couldn't find something on the transmission.

Name:  IMG_1384.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  91.8 KB
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

NorthernThrux , the strap you are referring to in your post is for the fuel lines , not for the e-brake or heater valve cables . Porsche added the extra strap for the fuel lines with the 915 transaxle . Readers , if you have any questions on how things should be , look at Dswanny1's pictures .

Thanks for the clarification Richy. I have the clutch cable and one fuel line running through the one that mounts to the suspension mounting point and I have the handbrake running through a tie wrap while I'm waiting for the proper strap to come in. So this thread was timely. I have learned that

the two fuel lines should go through this strap. I can see it in the photo Mac73s posted, but I can't see what goes through it. The clutch cable goes through a different strap (the grey one with 2 grommets) that I don't have and that attaches to the transmission.
    Name:  2X6fDg8%Rt+Ph9PoaPACgA.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  97.6 KB

and the flapper box cable (visible in the top right of this pic) and the brake cable should go through a grey strap with two grommets that replaces this tie wrap.

Name:  lXmGiXy+TWW7M4ilWI+LNQ.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  88.8 KB

Correct?

Ravi

Correct . The fuel lines and clutch cable are close to each other but use separate straps . The clutch cable strap is a little manual dexterity test . The fuel line strap should be turned up from the screw , also a little test with the trans in the car . Your car is looking nice !

Finally getting around to sorting out the the supports and cables under the car. Got the fuel lines and flapper box cables done right. Can someone point out where the grey strap that holds the clutch cable goes? For the life of me I don’t see a spot on the transmission to attach it to.

Thanks!

Name:  C3770DFD-77C7-4B98-86BA-E3DA66687333.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  85.7 KB

Pretty sure there is a small 'L' shaped bracket that bolts to one of the nose cone studs, and then the gray strap attaches to the bracket.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.