Thread: Right hand side tinted drop glass

Right hand side tinted drop glass

Hi, I have a tinted right hand side drop glass available (passenger side for a LHD car)

The glass is in good condition but has minor scratches as per normal used glass. The logo is the original old style Sekurit logo.

drp glass.jpg

Please note that the glass has been etched with my registration plate as was common in the 80s. I was able to get a glass polisher to remove this from the left hand window almost completely. I can arrange to have this removed if you wish, at a small additional cost.

50183693633_20b956da06_o.jpg

50183709873_ea2370fd7d_o.jpg

Price is £150 plus shipping from UK. Happy to send more photos if you wish so if there are any specific areas you want me to photograph closely, just let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gitesh

Open to offers.

Gitesh,
    i am looking for glass like this.
    my car is a 1971.

by the way, from all the photos, it looks like left side glass. (one where if you were sitting in the car, and reached out with your left hand, you could touch it)

but I think it would cost too much to mail it to california.

can you show a detail photo of the sekurit...and your number etching?
    (I had not heard of this numbers etching)

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Quote Originally Posted by Scott A View Post
    Gitesh,
    i am looking for glass like this.
    my car is a 1971.

by the way, from all the photos, it looks like left side glass. (one where if you were sitting in the car, and reached out with your left hand, you could touch it)

but I think it would cost too much to mail it to california.

can you show a detail photo of the sekurit...and your number etching?
    (I had not heard of this numbers etching)
    Hi Scott,
    The glass I have for sale is definitely the right hand side (passenger side for left hand drive and driver's side for right hand drive).

Here in the UK, many cars were acid etched with the registration plate as a security measure and theft deterrent during the 80s and 90s. The idea was if the car was stolen and the number plates were changed, they would not match the glass and therefore quick and easy for the police to identify. Here are a couple of additional photos you requested:

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

If you PM me your address, I can work out the shipping.
    Thanks
    Gitesh

Is the glass from a coupe or targa?

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by K Cook View Post
    Is the glass from a coupe or targa?

Kris
    I'm sorry, I should have said. It is from a coupe.