Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My Mid (engine) Life Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    Sometimes I wish I kept my willow green 914/6, but I liked looking at it better than fitting in it. All original.

I could see where your changes made it a more fun car to drive, and it looks amazing.

Attachment 552914

Willow green is such an awesome color!
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Had my own mid (engine) crisis a couple years ago.
    Narrow body hotrod with 2.7MFI engine, close ratio gearbox, bigger/ventilated brakes, bunch of custom stuff.
    Fun car....

914-6 A-GC.com-13.jpg

914-6 A-GC.com-14.jpg

914-6 A-GC.com-1.jpg

914-6 A-GC.com-19.jpg
    -Doug
    1977 Martini Edition 924

Outstanding Doug! I wish I had known about your build when I was doing mine, you definitely got there first.

I love the fiberglass hood, do you have any issues with it? I'm thinking of doing that some day, along with a through the hood filler.

Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by ibmiked View Post
    Outstanding Doug! I wish I had known about your build when I was doing mine, you definitely got there first.

I love the fiberglass hood, do you have any issues with it? I'm thinking of doing that some day, along with a through the hood filler.

Bravo.
    No issues with the hood once I chose a Getty example.
    The roof panel has to be placed just so in the rear trunk for the rear hood to close, but it's not a real problem.
    The 1st one's (front and rear) I purchased from another person didn't fit well and I ended up ditching them.
    The Getty hoods (front and rear) on the other hand fit well from the very beginning....the fit and finish is first rate.

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg
    -Doug
    1977 Martini Edition 924

Awesome. Is that prop rod from PMB? I ended up with a Seine rod for the front hood since even after replacing the springs it still didn't stay up. Lastly, what color is that? It looks like Heron Grey a little from the lighting.

Is it from PMB and it's the cat's meow. I fastened it to the GT hood differently than how PMB suggested, but worked great in the end.
    On 914World, there's a post on the PMB prop rod install: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=351480
    Also a build thread for the car as well: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=249327

The car is actually painted a 2020 Porsche color, Carrara Weisse. It's non metallic and quite white....guess the pics don't bring that out.
    -Doug
    1977 Martini Edition 924

I was finally able to track down a much coveted accessory. It’s a Leitz/Karo ski rack designed specifically for the 914. What’s cool is that Leitz worked with Porsche & VW to have the mounting points built into every car from day one. As far as I know, it’s the only specific accessory designed that way.

8F35C284-05A6-432F-A15C-74AB42AF4F96.jpg

E93D605C-236C-4794-B708-4DAB70119192.jpg

48F49030-1148-4A1D-9C8F-CAED158C0E36.jpg

That is a very cool accessory, Mike, and no interference with the roof panel. I meant ask you about the rollbar, though... is the roof adapted some way? BTW, still in love with those seats.

If you ever stumble on any Scheel 914 headrest, please gimme a heads-up!
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    That is a very cool accessory, Mike, and no interference with the roof panel. I meant ask you about the rollbar, though... is the roof adapted some way? BTW, still in love with those seats.

If you ever stumble on any Scheel 914 headrest, please gimme a heads-up!
    Hi Russ, even though it is proud of the targa bar, it still fits perfectly inside the concavity of the roof when installed.

I'll keep an eye out for that headrest. For what it's worth, I got this rack by putting a wanted ad up on the 914 Registry and offering twice the going rate for these racks when they come up. That got me a choice of three. You may want to try that.

I believe Stefan at GTS Classics can put together a very nice "Scheel" looking headrest for you if you don't find one eventually.

He did these for my "modified" Scheels on my 911.

1973_porsche_911e_coupe_1627479749565ef66e7dff9f981973_porsche_911e_coupe_16274797488495d565ef6a.jpg
    -Doug
    1977 Martini Edition 924