Thread: LWB Tool Kit

LWB Tool Kit

Tool kit experts are welcome to chime in. I'm not sure exactly what I have here. I'm selling this for a friend. It's alot like the kit I have in my 71S but the outside is smooth, not basket weave. The belt is a replacement, it's dated 1996 on the box and I know the fuse pack is missing. Asking $2200 shipped for now but am open to offers based on what pans out here. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Glenn Sager
    1971 911S Coupe
    1978 911SC Targa
    1995 993 Coupe

1969 tool kit (tan interior and unique 10,000V) drivers, but wrong 19mm lug wrench (SWB).
    Jim

Too many Porsches and one VW are starting to fill up my desert landscape.

https://www.instagram.com/1967s_307184s/

I think the lug wrench could have been a leftover . The more we learn about Porsche the more we realize there are always exceptions . But Jim is correct , generally that is a SWB lug wrench , but I wouldn't change it .

Hello, I’m bidding 1250$ for this.

Thanks for the help so far guys, I really appreciate it. Just to be clear, I'm not trying to run an auction here. I'll take the first offer that I think is fair/reasonable. $1250 is not, sorry.
    Glenn Sager
    1971 911S Coupe
    1978 911SC Targa
    1995 993 Coupe

Screwdrivers are not one-year-only 1969 versions with dark red and larger handles, these are correct for LWB tool kits though. I have seen SWB lug wrenches in 1969 LWB tool kits, it is rare but it is possible.

So basically it is a LWB tool kit in a 1969 tool bag and with a SWB lug wrench, which I have seen before.

I sell most of the Porsche tool kits on eBay so I have a pretty good idea on what the tool kit is worth, but I will hold my tongue on this topic. If you are willing to ship internationally you will have a better chance of getting a higher offer. GLWS.

I have a LWB lug wrench I’ll swap for the SWB lug wrench. Trying to assemble a SWB for my 1968.

Bump - I still have this tool kit. How about $1800 ConUS shipped and I'll donate $100 to this website and another $100 to the gofundme for Harvey Weidman from the proceeds.
    Glenn Sager
    1971 911S Coupe
    1978 911SC Targa
    1995 993 Coupe

I am looking for a correct 1969 toolkit but reading through the replies here, I am unsure I can summarize what is correct, what not. Did i get it right (As it will determine if I will try to buy it):
    Lug wrench from SWB. Potentially correct
    Missing 12/13 wrench
    Screw drivers incorrect - Should have darker handles for 1969 only (Unsure if I understood this correctly)

Apart from that, this is all correct for a '69?

Thanks,

Mike
    Mike Baum #505

57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint
    60 Citroën ID
    61 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile
    64 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI
    66 Lancia Flavia Sport Zagato
    69 911S Targa (Soft Window)
    72 Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato 1600

Hi Mike, as the OP here, I don't feel like I should be the one to try and say what's right and wrong. Even with as much as I've learned here, I'm nowhere close to "expert" status. In a nutshell though, in my opinion, the 2 most relevant posts to your question are from ozbeycem and Soterik. I've communicated with ozbeycem privately and feel his knowledge is extensive, reliable and accurate. Soterik pointed out there was a missing wrench. Most of the rest of it is subjective.
    Glenn Sager
    1971 911S Coupe
    1978 911SC Targa
    1995 993 Coupe