Thread: Correct HAPEWE pliers for 1971 2.2 T?

Correct HAPEWE pliers for 1971 2.2 T?

Hi
    I'm told this is the best place to get advice on correct tool kit tools, I've viewed all the previous threads on tool kits and can't see what I need to know, so here goes.
    I am trying to complete the tool kit for my 1971 2.2T and I am missing the pliers. I understand they should be HAPEWE brand but need to check that I have the period correct markings before I buy anything. I have seen HAPEWE branding on the cross hatched handle, with WEST GERMANY on the opposite inside face and others with just cross hatching, others with markings on the flat sides of the pliers. So the question is what is the period correct pliers that I should have? Any detailed pictures of pliers from 1971 2.2T owners would be much appreciated, or other 1971 cars if the kits are the same.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Ciaran

My 1970 911T was acquired with a extensive Snap On tool cabinet and tools, some of which were oddballs and assorted, at the time knowing little about the 911T tool kit the oddball tools got thrown in the daily driver tool box, After learning about the contents of the T's tool kit i realized the T's pliers where now residing in with the D D tools, I thankfully had not lost them , they are unmarked pliers with just the cross hatching and no other markings, rather unremarkable set of pliers they are, it is easy to see how they go missing. Maybe 71's are different than a 70
    Current fleet, mostly rubbish automobiles and other assorted junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Batterseaplayer View Post
    I've viewed all the previous threads on tool kits and can't see what I need to know
    Ciaran
    Have you seen the reference thread on Tool Rolls and Content? - https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...s-amp-Contents
    Light Yellow -74
    @lagteknik

Thanks gtBen - Yes I've seen that thread, but none of the photos of pliers are clear enough to see the markings on them. It certainly looks like they should have cross hatch on outside of the handles, with one handle having embossed HAPEWE and the other having WEST GERMANY embossed on the inside of the handle.
    I was hoping someone with a correct set of pliers might be able to post some pictures of the markings, so I can match to that style.
    Many thanks
    Ciaran