Thread: Determining Date of Manufacture

Determining Date of Manufacture

Does anyone have a good way to narrow down the manufacture month of a 911T? I’ve got a 1973 that originally came with MFI and my chassis plate number is 911 310 0904. I’ve seen that the MFI T’s went from 0001 to 1252. Then sometime in the 73 model year they switched to CIS hence the 1973.5 911T’s.

I’ve already got a Certificate if Authenticity from PCA and it’s worthless. Production Completion date is “information not available” and same for MSRP.

I repainted the car and I’m trying to replace the door jamb VIN decal but I need a month of manufacture. It was already missing when I got the car. If anyone has a 73 911 T with a VIN on either side of mine, could you please post your manufacture date?

Thanks

My database has one 73T close to yours - 0912 has 15 November on a COA. However that is from a Porsche supplied COA so could represent when shipped ex factory, when completed at factory or when delivered to first customer.
    Either I way think that you would be safe to use November as the date if you are only looking at the month
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

That’s a HUGE help! I’ve got a date stamp on my clock of 10/72, and an answer on Pelican had a car with an 0800 number and production date of 11/72. Sounds like November 72 is it! Thanks!