Thread: URO Sportomatic Vacuum Control Hose, 905.108.075.00

URO Sportomatic Vacuum Control Hose, 905.108.075.00

eBay has never been a major parts source for me but I have "Porsche 911 Sportomatic" as a saved search there because reasons. I was surprised, then, to see this come up in my search results: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vacuum-Hose...53.m1438.l2649

This has traditionally been a difficult part to find and a part of the system that often needs replacing. I tracked down an NOS one a few years ago to replace the cracked original on my car but they seldom come up for sale and often only in response to a WTB post. The URO hose appears to be widely available as a search shows that they can be had at O'Reilly and via Amazon, among others.

Many URO parts have bad reputations - and deservedly so - but originals have been so rare that these might be a nice solution to have on hand as a spare. Does anyone of the handful of us who might need one have experience with this one?
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

Bumping my own thread with news that Porsche Classic is now offering this, as seen in the latest ORIGINALE. https://www.porsche.com/all/media/fl...ook7/en-us/12/

Name:  90510807500.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  72.3 KB

Even the handful of 914-6s (oops! - 914/6s) so equipped are acknowledged.
    Last edited by teenchy; 01-28-2022 at 10:17 AM.
    ESR #1474

Interesting how Porsche Classic routinely adds parts that Uro started selling a year earlier. Anyone ever look at these two hoses side by side?

Quote Originally Posted by Verruckter Zug View Post
    Interesting how Porsche Classic routinely adds parts that Uro started selling a year earlier. Anyone ever look at these two hoses side by side?
    I'm planning to as I have one on order from a local Porsche dealership. Four weeks from Germany is the ETA. I have one of the URO hoses on hand.
    ESR #1474

Comparison photos

Name:  20220311_190301.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  89.3 KB
    L to R: Original Porsche, Porsche Classic, URO. Original Porsche and Porsche Classic the same length, URO about 6 inches longer.

The inside and outside diameters of all three hoses at the outlets are the same. There is, however, a narrowing of the outside diameter near the junction on the reproductions.

Name:  20220311_190333.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  82.5 KB

top: Porsche Classic, bottom: Original Porsche

Name:  20220311_190353.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  85.0 KB

top: URO, bottom: Porsche Classic

The URO part has a URO part number printed on it that does not identify country of origin. The Porsche Classic part has the Porsche part number, P-in-triangle symbol, and country of origin stamped into it.

Name:  20220311_190559.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  89.5 KB

Price: URO currently $132 at O'Reilly, Porsche Classic $260 at my friendly neighborhood Porsche dealer parts counter.
    ESR #1474

Quote Originally Posted by teenchy View Post
    The URO part has a URO part number printed on it that does not identify country of origin. The Porsche Classic part has the Porsche part number, P-in-triangle symbol, and country of origin stamped into it.
    If it's not marked on the hose, post a photo of the uro label, there's gotta be a country of origin on it somewhere.