Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2.0L Build Suggestions

If you run the Mahle 906 pistons with the 67S heads you will be around 9.7/1 provided that the heads are not decked and it didn't have too many valve jobs. That is without head gaskets...If you ran current gaskets you will be about 9.3/1 approx..
    Aaron Burnham
    Burnham Performance
    1071 Avenida Acaso ste D.
    Camarillo, Ca. 93012
    805-240-6931

Quote Originally Posted by BURN-BROS View Post
    If you run the Mahle 906 pistons with the 67S heads you will be around 9.7/1 provided that the heads are not decked and it didn't have too many valve jobs. That is without head gaskets...If you ran current gaskets you will be about 9.3/1 approx..
    Great info. Much lower (and safer?) than what I would have expected.
    Thanks

Btw what would be the data using 67S pistons and since we are at it same question w stock 130hp pistons and heads? I understand there is dome difference, valve pocket and valve size that differs.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

What head do you want it calculated from Richard?...NVM, glossed over the 130hp heads..

1967 S piston with a small valve head and No head gasket you are at 9.2/1

with a gasket you are at 8.9/1 approx.

This is assuming the dome volume is correct for the 67S piston.

In the end, If you want to go to 2.2, then I would advise switching to 2.2 heads. It's a better head in every way.
    Last edited by BURN-BROS; 09-11-2020 at 12:24 PM.
    Aaron Burnham
    Burnham Performance
    Camarillo, Ca. 93012
    805-240-6931

Quote Originally Posted by Richy View Post
    The new Mahle S P's and C's are actually 906's , so you will be milling the piston tops or twin plugging . If you don't appreciate the 2.0 why not get a newer car instead of ruining a 2.0 ?
    Hey Richy.... I’ll be interested in getting your input further when we undertake my 2.0 rebuild that I believe you are helping me with.

Maybe I’ll see you next Friday?
    Last edited by rower; 09-11-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Aaron has not worked with the newest generation of Mahle P's and C's . C. R. will be in the 10's .

Quote Originally Posted by BURN-BROS View Post
    1967 S piston with a small valve head and No head gasket you are at 9.2/1
    The 67/68S piston was officially spec'd at 9.8 :1
    and the 69S piston (looks like 906 piston) at 9.9:1

For awhile and maybe now when you ordered a Mahle '67 S piston and cylinder set you received a 906 set , and the 906's are not 9.8 : 1 , so it really doesn't matter what the specs are . And the air deflectors don't really fit around the bigger 906 cooling fins ; well they do with modification .

The advertised compression ratios are nominal, the measured numbers are different.

Quote Originally Posted by 66S View Post
    The advertised compression ratios are nominal, the measured numbers are different.
    Oh, I see. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richy View Post
    Aaron has not worked with the newest generation of Mahle P's and C's . C. R. will be in the 10's .
    Dome volume is listed at 38.8CC, how does one attain 10/1 with a 73cc small valve head?

With the 67 S valves heads get close, but you will loose it once you install head gaskets... 9.3/1 will be the approximate comp.
    Aaron Burnham
    Burnham Performance
    Camarillo, Ca. 93012
    805-240-6931