Thread: FS: NOS 911 Tool Kit Late 80's in original plastic bag

FS: NOS 911 Tool Kit Late 80's in original plastic bag

New Price 600 or best offer. This kit is still in the factory Porsche plastic bag with part number sticker attached. Everything is mint and unused except the fan belt. It's exactly as I bought it. I brought it to Lit and tried to trade as a partial for a set for my 60 356, the seller didn't need this unit but he was an expert and valued it it around 1k. Price is FOB Phoenix, I will take to the UPS store and send actual cost to ship for reimbursement. I prefer payment via paypal. 20200913_154410.jpg20200913_153926.jpg20200913_154216.jpg20200913_153917.jpg20200913_154118.jpg20200913_154129.jpg20200913_154143.jpg20200913_154228.jpg
    Last edited by jcbfff; 09-18-2020 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Price Lowered

It is a late 70's tool kit I believe.

If it is a late 80's tool kit then it is missing the 10x13 Klein tube, 6mm Battery Removal Allen and unmarked extension tool, unmarked fan belt pulley wrench (called P209), Power seat crank handle and little adapter and fuse pack. Tow hook would be an extra.

If it is a 1978-79 tool kit then it is only missing the P209 tool, and of course the fuse pack and the fan belt. I have never seen a tow hook tag like that so if I have to guess it is a paper photocopy of an original inside a plastic bag and not an actual plastic tag. The pliers look like the late 80's version, never seen one in a late 1970's tool kit.

If it is for a 1980-83 then it needs the 6mm battery removal tool and the unmarked extension tool also.

One way to tell which year it is from is to look at the stamping on the alternator nut wrench; it will say one of the following; 22mm, 24mm, 24mm Klein. The tool bag is missing its vinyl tag, that would also give an indication of the applicable year.

GLWS.

Quote Originally Posted by jcbfff View Post
    I brought it to Lit and tried to trade as a partial for a set for my 60 356, the seller didn't need this unit but he was an expert and valued it it around 1k.
    Ha! I'm wondering who you spoke with. Off the top of my head, of the three most likely Lit Show suspects, I'd consider one an expert, another semi-clueless but harmless, and a third an outright crook.

I asssume my kit was something purchased at the parts counter in the 1980s as a replacement, not as delivered in a car. The tow bar tool does show up with a platic tag showing use instructions in many references, but could this one be a reprint or an original tag placed in a protective cover? Possibly, if they printed it in the 1980's someone could certainly print it again.

LivefromNY I would not disparage anyone I met at Lit or anywhere else for that matter in a forum. We are all collectors here, and capable of making our own deicsions without someone's opinion of people which deal in tool kits. If the two gentlemen which advised me on the kit had bad intentions they certainly didn't express it with their actions.

I think it's cool to have a kit in it's original platic page with an old part sticker on it. If I had a car of this period I would display it proudly in the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by jcbfff View Post
    LivefromNY I would not disparage anyone I met at Lit or anywhere else for that matter in a forum. We are all collectors here, and capable of making our own deicsions without someone's opinion of people which deal in tool kits. If the two gentlemen which advised me on the kit had bad intentions they certainly didn't express it with their actions.
    You and I are different then. When someone's a crook, I have no problem calling them a crook.

Any crooks reading this can consider that a fair warning.

These kits sell for around $450-$600 depending on condition you can look on Pelican and get a good idea, so the value of the plastic wrapper and label is the question. So your expert is valuing the plastic bag w/label at $400. Nice kit though!
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!